New Texas Gun Law?

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Ron, May 1, 2009.

1. Ron

Ron New Member

Apr 21, 2009
  2. Starker

Starker Active Member

WOW! This looks possibly like the bill in Alaska! That's awesome! :happy0001:

3. Jeff B

Jeff B Active Member

May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    A similar bill is under consideration in Montana.

Jeff B.

4. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    I like it!!! The problem is this, it'll end up like Commiefornia and their "legal pot" system. California says you can get a cannabis card and go to their distribution center (regulated by the county), pick up some pot, go home and smoke it. Federal law says this is a big no no. So now, these people who are "legally" smoking pot get picked up and arrested by DEA under Federal drug laws. The feds will enforce the laws of the federal government regardless of what the state says is ok. The only two things that will ensure our 2A rights are either having a federal government that wants to protect our rights (good luck in this day and age) or secession from the union. As far as I am concerned...GOOD BYE USSA.

5. Ron

Ron New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    States Rights

The bill is interesting and like the old saying, " "there is strength in numbers"!
    I believe anyone that lives in Texas that reads about this needs to contact their state Legislator and voice their loud support for this Bill.
    State Representative Leo Berman introduced this bill labeled HB1863 .
    Montana is testing this very law and if Texas does it , it sends a stronger signal to Washington .
    Maybe the leader of the pack will get the message that he is messing with something he has no business with.
    Ron

6. ReVrEnD_0341

ReVrEnD_0341 Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX

Not like the legal pot law at all. Pot is illegal, period, it is not regulated with interstate commerce. It's just illegal.

The subject here is that gun control legislation is all wrapped up in interstate commerce laws. If there is no interstate commerce going on, then federal restrictions do not apply. And they are right. A good lawyer for the states will win the ATF case when it is brought to court. Montana will be the first put to the test. I am watching this with great interest.

7. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hmm, interesting.

I too will be eager to hear the news this coming fall.

8. Dog

Dog Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Central TX
    God bless Texas.
    takin this to work, gonna send some calls to Austin in support of this bill.

WE STAND NOW OR KNEEL LATER.

watch the Lou Dobbs report on Obamas international gun treaty. link on CNN.

9. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Hope it passes.

10. Jazkal

Jazkal New Member

Apr 25, 2009