• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The government has created a new property right. The private right to claim property is public but not public for everybody. It's the business owner that takes advantage of his ill gottenright

Let me try again.

Yes, the Bill of Rights only limits what the “government” can do regarding those rights.

Yes a property owner can step all over “my rights” if I wish to enter his property.

“No shirt, no shoes, no service.”
    “No openly carried firearms.”
    “Let me see what you have in that bag.”
    “No hats, hoodies or masks.”
    “No piercings or tats.”
    Etc.
    My issue is that the government has (with 30.06 and 30.07) criminalized the excercising of a right. That goes way beyond the property owner in some manner limiting or rejecting the “rights” of a visitor!

Another (probably poor) analogy; atheist restaurant owner forbids people saying grace before dining and he refuses to let you return if you ever try it. Again, his call; our call whether to eat there or not.

If there is also a law that says he can have you fined when his video shows you doing that. That is the government violating the BoR.
    ARJ Defense ad

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    The government has created a new property right. The private right to claim property is public but not public for everybody. It's the business owner that takes advantage of his ill gottenright
    Please don't misunderstand me; I'm not trying to single you out or badger you.

You're simply underinformed and don't understand the words you're using and the concepts you're discussing.
    Words are important.

Private property is never public in Texas unless it is donated to the government by the individual that owns it.

One hint should be that you're not allowed to enter a business if it's closed.

Top Bottom