• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I am officially moving from NY to Texas. There are many reasons why, but the registration requirement of common semi automatic rifles was the final straw. My wife and I leave NY on April 18th which is just a few days after the date that semi auto rifles need to be registered with the state. I need recommendations for FFLs in the Frisco area that I can accept and hang on to a few rifles for a week or two.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Lynx Defense

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    We are moving to an apartment in Frisco to begin. I hope to buy a home in Celina or Prosper shortly after.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Welcome. You'll love it here. Moved to Frisco from Fla and never looked back!
    My daughter attends school in Prosper ISD and it's a great school system. Much better than Seminole County in Fla.

Last edited:

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Not a New Yorker, just someone who was born there unfortunately. I'm excited to finally move to America though.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Howdy!

You don't need an FFL to hold on to your guns here. Just get here with them locked up in your trunk.

Ditch the NY State of Mind!

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Howdy!

You don't need an FFL to hold on to your guns here. Just get here with them locked up in your trunk.

Ditch the NY State of Mind!

If I'm caught in NY after the 15th with an unregistered common semi auto rifle it is a felony and my rights to own firearms after that can be removed. I can't leave until the 18th so I need to ship them before the 15th.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If I'm caught in NY after the 15th with an unregistered common semi auto rifle it is a felony and my rights to own firearms after that can be removed. I can't leave until the 18th so I need to ship them before the 15th.

Storage locker just across the state line?

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    For an FFL, suggest Gunmaster in Plano or Frisco Gun Club on Eldorado which is located in Frisco.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Thanks for the info. I will check them out tomorrow.

I have two guns that aren't easily modified to get around our new law. I could drop them at a friends place in PA this weekend but it seems to be cheaper to just ship them to a TX FFL. It costs $30 dollars in tolls just to get from Long Island to NJ, add in gas and it just isn't worth it.

Top Bottom