• ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    #AbolishGovernmentSchools

I’d prefer to see the state (meaning any ISD) not take any of my money. I pay the gov then have to pay out of pocket for all the homemschool curriculums. But at least our little ISD got a football stadium year before last, never mind they nearly lost their accreditation four years before that. I believe it’s less than 500 kids total in grades K-12 combined.

SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    Dem and Rino parties in Texas have repeatedly said this will never happen.
    Will of the people be damned…

There’s too much money at stake.
    The pressure from the public for school choice is growing. And it's not just from the right. A lot of Blacks and Hispanics would love to get their kids out of the shitty public schools they're trapped in. It's not just that they're getting a bad education. Those kids' lives are in danger from the gang violence in a lot of public schools in poor neighborhoods. Also kids are forcibly recruited into gangs in schools. Parents are fed up and getting angrier all the time.

Chief DAC

USN MNC Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    Wood County Texas
    I sacrificed and sent three kids to private school with no help from the government while paying school taxes the entire time. If you take government funding, don't they sort of get to tell you what to do? My kids worked their way through college with a little help from me and all graduated with no school loans. My vote is figure out a way to do it without the government.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I sacrificed and sent three kids to private school with no help from the government while paying school taxes the entire time. If you take government funding, don't they sort of get to tell you what to do? My kids worked their way through college with a little help from me and all graduated with no school loans. My vote is figure out a way to do it without the government.

That’s how I was raised.

My parents struggled to put my sister and I thru private schools, all the while paying property taxes for government schooling we did not receive.

My kids ain’t going to public schools, so I’d welcome vouchers.

Top Bottom