• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbstx11

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    UPDATE - I took the comments into consideration, and finished a testing round today. I wanted to eliminate as many variables as I could - so I loaded up a min/max spread or 5 rounds each at 1/2 gr increases for Varget with Barnes 165gr TSX BT. Started at 41 gr and went to 45 gr. The goal was to close in on a powder charge to do a finer spread. All loads were with new Winchester brass and CCI LR primers. I was concerned if my non-expert shooting might throw it out, but I think the data shows want I need. The chart shows group size measured for best 5, best 4, and best 3 of each group. Looks to me like 43gr should be the center of my next series. I plan on going to 0.2 gr jumps. Suggestions are welcome. Just for grins I also did groups with other ammo on hand: Fiocchi 180gr SST, Hornady 165gr SST (only 2 rounds), and some Freedom Munitions 147gr FMJ remanufactured. No surprises there. Some probably think I am probably overdoing this - but hey, this is my hobby and I enjoy it! Three more bullets to try and then I will go to Win 748. 308-Varget-Barns 165 TSX BT.JPG

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom