• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    Hi everyone,
    Just moved to the area in September and looking for a good gun store in the area. What have we got? Where is a good place for all things AR? Also looking for a take down .22.
    Need to get my Texas drivers license and then my CHL.
    thanks!
    Capitol Armory ad

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Vehicle insurance, then inspection, then tags, then DL, then the fun stuff :)
    Welcome!!! Lunch Friday at Texas Rib Kings...183/Burnet Rd. Start around 1100...end ???
    TxDMV - New to Texas

All sorts of gun stores around. GT Distributors is a favorite of many...specializing in military and first responder gear.
    If you do make it to lunch, the folks will be happy to steer you toward the right places.

Last edited:

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    Vehicle insurance, then inspection, then tags, then DL, then the fun stuff :)
    Welcome!!! Lunch Friday at Texas Rib Kings...183/Burnet Rd. Start around 1100...end ???
    TxDMV - New to Texas

All sorts of gun stores around. GT Distributors is a favorite of many...specializing in military and first responder gear.
    If you do make it to lunch, the folks will be happy to steer you toward the right places.

bought the new car here so all of that is done. Thanks for the tip!

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Welcome! Agreed there is too many libs in the area, but if you stay north in the Williamson county area you'll see less and less of it.

I agree with GT comments. It's overall a great store and one of the few smaller gun stores that didn't jack their prices up during the crazy times earlier this year. They put some limits on what you could buy, but I'll take that in lieu of $1 a round 9MM. Most of the people there are really nice, but a couple of guys that only care to give you the time of day if you are military/law enforcement.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I would second GT. For me, at any rate, I find it much better than McBrides, but YMMV. It is probably fair to say that McB shoppers are weighted more toward Fudds, while GT's are weighted more toward first responders. My own experience is less BS at GT. Again, YMMV.

http://www.gtdist.com/

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    GT for black guns. McBrides for $10,000 fine European shotguns, wide variety of new and used pistols, hunting bolt actions and a smaller variety of black gun stuff. McBrides is more of a classic gun shop whereas GTs is definitely geared towards the more "modern" stuff.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    McBrides is the place to go for selection. They have more than anyone. Used guns to high end doubles. Fishing gear to reloading supplies. Gunsmithing and plenty of accessories.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Round Rock
    Welcome, I made it here a little over three years ago, Just barely made it out of commiefornia, had to be there for work and the military part of my life. Believe me folks, life is so much better here!!!!. Living in Wilco is great but a lot of the darn idiots I wanted to leave are here also, just not in concentrated form. Fav. lgs has to be AGL. There is a new store here also, Blucore, seems to be plastic pistols and black rifles. They were nice when I went in. Hope it pans out for them.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom