• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Parasite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Hello to all!
    I'll be relocating the family to either Dallas or Austin in 2015. Haven't made the final decision on which one yet. Finding a job will be the determining factor. I figured I'd start getting acclimated to the state by joining this forum and get to, "know" some people.

About me-
    East coast born and raised - been shooting and hunting most of my life. I mostly travel for work (one of the reasons I'm looking for new employment) and don't get much time for shooting any more as I spend what free time I do have with my wife and kids.
    I primarily collect milsurp rifles and militaria, but have a solid collection of modern rifles, pistols, and shotguns with a few NFA goodies sprinkled in for good measure.
    I'm mostly a deer hunter and I'm guessing what I'm used to calling large antlered deer here are what you might consider scrub bucks. I'm hoping to join in on a lease or hunt club...or whatever you guys do down there :D

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions regarding hunting and firearms regulations, as well as potential places to live and find work as the move date approaches. I also look forward to being able to contribute to the general knowledge of the forum.
    Guns International

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Hello to all!
    I'll be relocating the family to either Dallas or Austin in 2015. Haven't made the final decision on which one yet. Finding a job will be the determining factor. I figured I'd start getting acclimated to the state by joining this forum and get to, "know" some people.

About me-
    East coast born and raised - been shooting and hunting most of my life. I mostly travel for work (one of the reasons I'm looking for new employment) and don't get much time for shooting any more as I spend what free time I do have with my wife and kids.
    I primarily collect milsurp rifles and militaria, but have a solid collection of modern rifles, pistols, and shotguns with a few NFA goodies sprinkled in for good measure.
    I'm mostly a deer hunter and I'm guessing what I'm used to calling large antlered deer here are what you might consider scrub bucks. I'm hoping to join in on a lease or hunt club...or whatever Y'ALL do down there :D

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions regarding hunting and firearms regulations, as well as potential places to live and find work as the move date approaches. I also look forward to being able to contribute to the general knowledge of the forum.

Welcome to the forum from Dallas

Mind as well start getting the lingo down as well ;)

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Welcome to TGT.

You mentioned hunting... now you get to have fun with pigs! Year round, nighttime, any firearm, I enjoy it a lot more than deer!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Welcome to the forum! I'm not a hunter myself, but from what I've heard-the white tail over here are small. Our hogs on the other hand....you can get some good hunting there. :D

Parasite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!
    I'll definitely be ready to do some hog hunting when I get down there. I have an AR chambered in 50AE that I've been wanting to see how it will perform on a porker. I also like to bowhunt. Are ya'll able to use crossbows? I generally only use it in the late season up here when the temp is in the 10's-20's and it's tough to draw back with all the layers on (and cold muscles).

As for shooting, I'm hoping to get into some long distance rifles and three gun. Up here, most ranges only go to 100yds because of the population density. I have to drive almost three hours to find a range that goes out to 300yds.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    We're starting to get a lot of these "moving to Texas" good-guys posting on here. Maybe we should try to fund an exchange program - for every outstanding, gun loving, God fearing, good person that moves here, we export 2 useless liberals to the leftist state of their choice. I know - even at that rate it would take years to clean up Austin, but we could at least improve the climate just a bit.

JSF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Lufkin
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!
    I'll definitely be ready to do some hog hunting when I get down there. I have an AR chambered in 50AE that I've been wanting to see how it will perform on a porker. I also like to bowhunt. Are ya'll able to use crossbows? I generally only use it in the late season up here when the temp is in the 10's-20's and it's tough to draw back with all the layers on (and cold muscles).

As for shooting, I'm hoping to get into some long distance rifles and three gun. Up here, most ranges only go to 100yds because of the population density. I have to drive almost three hours to find a range that goes out to 300yds.

Yes you can use a crossbow but that's not a real bow :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom