• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    Thank you all so much. I had been stressing about finding decent, affordable ammo for my soon-to-be new Beretta 81.

Now, I'm excited for it to get here.

It really is a nice little gun. The only thing I didn't like was the plastic grips. They are really slippery. I bought some LOK Grips for it and it really made a difference. This little gun is so much fun to shoot.

https://lokgrips.com/beretta/beretta-84-81
    DK Firearms

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    Originally I was going to just get the black but I liked these. They fit very well and are just a bit thinner but the grip is what I really like.

20200212_160312.jpg

Attachments

• 20200212_160312.jpg
      20200212_160312.jpg
      164.2 KB · Views: 468

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    Because you like Geco more, or because it's cheaper?
    Lately it's been cheap but initially it was about the same price as the others. It's an old European brand with a long history. The current stuff is pretty clean, very reliable, about the same performance and accuracy of the others and cheap. I stocked up when it got cheap so I hope that trend continues.

I've long been a fan of the 32acp/7,65 and actually carry that as a primary (always with a little 6.35/25acp in my pocket). In addition most of my 32acps are between 50 and 100+ years old and they all seem to really like Geco.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    If you guys ever find any RWS 32 ammo, let me know about it. It’s tough to find these days. By far my favorite.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If you guys ever find any RWS 32 ammo
    The web site at rws-munitions.de no longer lists any centerfire handgun ammunition. The same thing is true at the holding company site at ruag.com.

I hate to say it but it looks like you're going to be stuck scrounging for new old stock.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The web site at rws-munitions.de no longer lists any centerfire handgun ammunition. The same thing is true at the holding company site at ruag.com.

I hate to say it but it looks like you're going to be stuck scrounging for new old stock.

I rolled the dice on it at a gun show a few years ago. I was shocked at how much I liked it. I had never heard of RWS prior to that. And have not found any since then.

I found a bunch of RWS 22, 9, 40, etc, but zero 32acp. Time to see how that GECO ammo mentioned above shoots.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Lately it's been cheap but initially it was about the same price as the others. It's an old European brand with a long history. The current stuff is pretty clean, very reliable, about the same performance and accuracy of the others and cheap. I stocked up when it got cheap so I hope that trend continues.

I've long been a fan of the 32acp/7,65 and actually carry that as a primary (always with a little 6.35/25acp in my pocket). In addition most of my 32acps are between 50 and 100+ years old and they all seem to really like Geco.
    An old European brand for an old European gun.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Top Bottom