• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Got me a new ar in 5.56/.223 for $300 its a pretty good looking gun but the berrel an muzzle have rust its a cast pre ban lower colt semiauto bolt 30rd steel mag good truck gun if I can get the barrel cleaned up enough to shoot. Cant wait to see what I can do. Ill refinish it in either the lower grey or black.

20131015_132925_zps380c6c20.jpg

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4
    Capitol Armory ad

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Not all colt. no idea what the upper barrel and trigger group are but the bcg is colt the lower is a preban essential arms. thats all I know about it there are no markings on the barrel

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Hoppe's Number Nine is your best friend. Clean her up and see how she shoots.

You could probably part the gun out if it not a shooter, and get your money back plus a little more.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    "Pre-ban?"

See, there was this ban on "assault weapons" in 1994. Complete rifles assembled before the ban date are commonly refered to as "pre-ban" guns. Not that it means much to us in Texas, but there are states that adhered to these restrictions after the sunset of the Federal law... and this rifle would be worth more to them. Personally, I would sell the lower (or whole rifle) for a profit to someone in a ban state and get a forged lower receiver.

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Ya I didnt do to bad. Hope to have some range reports thursday or friday i ran hops number 9 and powder solvent through it acouple of times today will do the same tomorrow along with really cleaning the bcg than I should be good to go

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Well I got it all cleaned up it chambers and functions with out firing just fine. Looked down the barrel and there is a little pitting right around the gas block doesn't look deep at all. Thursday or Friday I'll take it down the road to the range and put a few rounds through it.

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Ya I'm pretty happy. I'm still trying to figure out if I wanna leave the stock and hand guard alone or do a magpul hand guard and collapsible stock

Top Bottom