• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    I had been looking for months and found some duds. But stumbled across this one in North Austin at CarMax.

This is a 2011 Chevrolet Colorado. Think S-10 replacement. Midsize pickup. produced from 2004, I think, to 2012. 2009 to 2012 they built w small, and I mean small, production run with a V8 and sport suspension. The numbers are not out and official, but in 2009 out of almost 18K Colorados there were built--141 extended cab and 151 crew cabs with a V8 and sport suspension. When I say rare, it is a gem considering most were red, blue, or black. White was not produced that much.

This thing was ordered with every option from what i can tell. Only thing not on the RPO code list was a sun roof. Not 100% sure they offered a sun roof in 2011 models.

Ebony leather interior, Heated front seats, bluetooth. 300hp 320lbft tq in a mid size pickup. Fun factor is a 10+.

Just thought I would share my find with the local nuts.
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• 20131103_064540.jpg
      20131103_064540.jpg
      35.4 KB · Views: 248
    • 20131103_064631.jpg
      20131103_064631.jpg
      29.2 KB · Views: 215

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Neat! Those are quite rare! Needs a cam, bolt ons, and tune, and you'll be in the 12s no problem

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The S10 platform quit being sold in the states in 2005, so I'm thinking that's when those trucks were phased in-but I could be wrong. I didn't realize they quit making em or that they had the V8 option. Very nice.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Nice find. If you want a small cam, I've got a couple extras sitting in the garage from days of old ;) One is a 218/224, the other 220/224 @ 0.50" if memory serves.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Nice find. If you want a small cam, I've got a couple extras sitting in the garage from days of old ;) One is a 218/224, the other 220/224 @ 0.50" if memory serves.

Good little cams.. I think the TSP 220R would seriously wake that thing up too. Throw the stall in from a trailblazer... well then you've got quite the little monster

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Cool truck! Any engine in the colorado is better than that lousy 5cyl they come with standard.

beat me to it, i was thinking about the 5 cyl, wonder if that had to do with the CO's failure to catch on.. know one problem was the price, instead of a reasonable number like the S-10, the CO was an expensive truck, and very high bucks in base mode.. we co signed for our daughter on a 04 4.3 stretch cab 1500, that if i remember was only like 3k more than the CO.. So this thing was super high ticket when it was sold..

the rarity of that will make it's value sky high in a few years.. keep the miles down Freak.. your driving your retirement ..

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Always thought there were cool trucks though im a ford guy, i like small truck big power combos. Needs a Turbo :thumbup:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I was looking at those, but that weird L5 and the price tag were too much for me. I didn't even look into anything with a bigger engine.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I was looking at those, but that weird L5 and the price tag were too much for me. I didn't even look into anything with a bigger engine.

Heck, i didn't even know they "had" a bigger engine.. wonder why they built the inline 5.. had to have some purpose outside of the CO..

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    The I4 and I5 served their purpose well. They had decent power, very reliable and got much better mileage than their smaller predecessors. They were lacking in power for someone who wants a decently powerful vehicle though. If you want to add some power to it let me know. GM LSx motors is my other hobby. If they ever woulda made that truck in a regular cab I would own one but unfortunately in typical GM fashion they dont put the fun big engines in the RC trucks.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Some hummer H3's had the I-5

All standard H3's did. The only one that didn't was the Alpha version. The H3 that I drove in Colorado for a couple weeks was a dog. The combination of lack of adequate power, terrible gear ratios, and a confused transmission that didn't know when to shift, made for a long trip lol. Now the V8 version was what it should have come with from the factory.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Little known fact: the Canyon, Colorado, H3, and Mitsubishi Alpha were all made on the same assembly line in Shreveport, La.

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    thanks a lot guys!

Not lookimg to mod just yet. Thinking about leaving it stock. Maybe just a good tune to start. Something I can revert back to stock easily. I purchased a 125K mile 6 year warranty also. Motor swap in the far future is probably the route I would take. Im more into reliable long term power without positive pressure. ;-)

Something I could change the oil in it, regular maintenance and keep on driving. Im not one to shy from driving a rare vehicle on a regular basis in bopes it becomes a collectible that someone would spend ton of money on in 30 years. those guys weird me out. Lol

The step up was because we want to extend our family past 1 munchkin and cant carry 2 car seats in the S10. I have to transport from daycare about 3-4 days a week. 5 miles. So it wont get the abuse i am sure some of you are cringing about. We have the 4-runner for anything other than that.

I didnt want to give up my S10 if i got a car or suv. I want to know i can haul something without asking someone for help. Im prideful like that. So this was the only vehicle i really wanted. Started searching and God blessed me with the opportunity.

1slow, i may hit you up down the road on tuner choices and options.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom