• ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Yep, from all indications this pistol was assembled in New Hampshire using German-made parts. Anyone know if the frame was made in the U.S.? It has the older trigger with vertical grooves in it as well. The serial number on the frame is really weirdly faint -- almost impossible to see. It has no depth at all. If I opt to have it Cerakoted, there won't be a visible serial number on the pistol. Is there also a serial number under the grips somewhere? Sadly, I don't have a tool to take off the grips at the moment -- they have those weird Torx screws.

I doubt it. Frames on NH pistols were made in Germany for a while after that.

smee78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I have one of the P220 match guns and it is a great gun, it was love at first shot. As to the op, I would not waste the money on a refinish but if that is what makes you happy then go for it.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Great pistol. I'm pretty sure Sig still offers the service package for around $150 which will get you new night sights as well as a complete detail strip and tune-up. The slide can be reblued for $100 at the same time saving you shipping.

If you want to save some money on the tune-up, detail stripping and replacing all of the springs and things ($25 kit from TGS) is not that difficult and there are various YouTube videos to walk you through it. There is a guy I'll find the link if you're interested) that will install sights for the price of the sights and shipping of the slide.

I have a West German P226 that has a bit of holster wear on the slide. I just keep it lubed, and shoot the hell out of it. :)

wacowade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Porter Texas
    Look at a Cerakote for the Slide. You can play with the colors a bit and that stuff is very tough. Just a suggestion.
    I know a guy here in the Humble area that will do it for $75-$100.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I love my West German P220. I stole it for $400 at a gunshow last year just because it didn't have a box. The frame has a few bad spots but the gun is still very tight and shoots very straight.

Top Bottom