• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbayless71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    San Antonio
    I picked up this police trade-in P220 from CDNN this week. It came with a large blue Sig case marked LAW ENFORCEMENT and one mag for $489.

The gun was billed as very good, and I think it's a bit better than that. This one was made around 2000-2001 in Germany. There's almost no wear on the slide rails; barrel looks new. A couple of tiny pits from holster rash near the front of the slide. I think those will come out with bead blasting.

The night sights on it are very old-school, and very faint. I think the tritium in them is about to give up the ghost. The white dots on top of the sights are pretty odd . . . apparently those are holes where they drilled and placed epoxy to hold the tritium tubes.

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00870.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I wouldn't even refinish it. The wear doesn't look very bad and adds character I think.

Let's people know it was a working gun.

jbayless71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    San Antonio
    The only reason I'm thinking of refinishing is that it has some bare steel near the front of the slide and a few little pits there from holster wear. I don't want that to get any worse. I may just send the gun back to Sig for a reblued slide and new springs. They'll do the slide for $99, I think.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    They're great guns. They'll serve you well, are generally very reliable, and accurate to kind of an uncanny degree for a production gun. I'd pick up an extra factory internal extractor just in case, since they're only ~$30 I believe. Also, don't forget to replace the breech block pins every ~6-10k rounds to be safe, and recoil spring every 3k rounds, and these guns will last you for a very long time. I really regret selling mine.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I am glad to read all these positive things from those in the know. I would like to pick one of these up as "my polymer pistol" after I satisfy my 1911 craving.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    It looks awesome. Good score.

I would leave the finish alone as well. But if you decide to send to Sig, have them replace all the worn out parts and slap some new sights on.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Lol I'm confused. The slide is steel and the frame is aluminum alloy. Do the grips make it a polymer pistol?

jbayless71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    San Antonio
    I'm pretty sure that one was assembled in NH.

But I guess we don't have magical elves and fairy dust making Sigs in the US like they do in Germany.

Yep, from all indications this pistol was assembled in New Hampshire using German-made parts. Anyone know if the frame was made in the U.S.? It has the older trigger with vertical grooves in it as well. The serial number on the frame is really weirdly faint -- almost impossible to see. It has no depth at all. If I opt to have it Cerakoted, there won't be a visible serial number on the pistol. Is there also a serial number under the grips somewhere? Sadly, I don't have a tool to take off the grips at the moment -- they have those weird Torx screws.

Top Bottom