Texas SOT

New to Texas, Where to shoot near Victoria??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usarmy3rdid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2016
    Victoria, TX
    I'm new to Texas from Pennsylvania. Tons of places to shoot where I used to live. I'm finding it difficult to find anything near Victoria. The one range I did find on a search has ridiculous membership fee and they make you pay again every time you shoot! Can anyone help me out or is this it for me? I thought Texas was a pro gun and gun sport state? What's going on down here in Victoria guys?!?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    You're welcome. Where I live up here in the sticks we only have one gun range very close, but most folks up here have leases and/or property we can shoot at most of the time. Have you googled anything for gun ranges down there yet?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Welcome to the forum......

We are 45 minutes from Victoria and have a few folks from Victoria as regular customers......

Pistol and rifles that shoot pistol calibers for the most part. 5.56/223 are ok if you are shooting suppressed (indoor range)

Again, welcome!

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Have you heard of Area 59? They have shooting matches quite often and seem super friendly. They are near Rosenburg off highway 59. It's not a range you can go randomly shooting at but if you get into steel challenge matches it's really fun.

http://www.area59.us/

Ranch Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Cuero
    To the NW of you up US87 is the Cuero Sportsman Club. Don't know what the condition of the Club is in as I haven't been a member for a decade now and their website is quite dated. Still, it might be worth a call to establish contact.

It was mentioned above but a lot of us that live in the area have ranges on our property or ranches.

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Can't help you on ranges in that area, but wanted to extend a welcome from NE Harris County./

Top Bottom