• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Carbohydrates

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    Dallas
    Hello! I moved down to Texas from Washington about 7 months ago when the company I worked for went out of business. Washington is a beautiful state, but it's in a bit of an economic mess right now - no jobs, and little sign of recovery any time soon. So, rather than try to scrounge up work in that rather depressed state, I moved down to the land of jobs and economic growth, Texas!

I shoot pretty casually. I try to make it to the range every weekend to stay sharp. I'm a pistol shooter first and foremost, though I still have fun with rifles and shotguns. The only competitive shooting sport I've tried is CAS/SASS, which I enjoyed a lot and hope to get more involved with.

Here's my current firearm collection. Photography's fun, so I try to take pictures of any and all guns that pass through my hands. Sometimes I'm in a hurry, and sometimes I take my time, so the photo quality varies pretty randomly!

DWR1As.jpg
    lg0c3s.jpg
    g0f3Gs.jpg
    HDbZ0s.jpg
    RvjmUs.jpg
    yCqUvs.jpg
    0TG3xs.jpg
    kjYxrs.jpg

Beretta 92F (9mm), Glock 19NS Gen3 (9mm), two Cimarron "Evil Roy" 1873s (.357 Mag), Dan Wesson Valor (.45 ACP), Vz.61 Skorpion (.32 ACP), Pietta 1851 brass (.44 BP), Ruger Mk III Target (.22LR), S&W 15-3 (.38SP), S&W 632-1 Carry Comp (.327 Fed Mag)

HFfvks.jpg
    wh5NXs.jpg
    iv3PYs.jpg
    uZo9vs.jpg
    rkOyHs.jpg
    ninmns.jpg
    zFGU2s.jpg

Century WASR GP 10/63 (7.62x39), Cimarron 1873 Short Rifle DLX (.357 Mag), MEGA/Rainier AR-15 (.223/5.56), Colt SP1 (.223/5.56), Henry H001T (.22LR), Warnant gallery rifle (6mm Flobert), Browning Auto-5 Belgian (12ga), Winchester M1912 (12ga), CZ Hammer Coach (12ga)

Not pictured: Browning Citori (12ga)
    ARJ Defense ad

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Welcome to Texas. If you are into collecting and shooting guns then Texas is the place to be. Farm livin' is the life for me.
    Land spreadin' out so far and wide
    Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside

Rig a bell anyone?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Howdy from the Sonoran Desert. WA huh? Fair enough, just vote like we do and you can stay. HAH! jk.
    Photos. Left to right.
    Meh, OOHH nice, Ooh nice, ok, Nice, yep, Nice, Nice,
    meh, want, cool, want, name your price, drool, drool.
    Had a Citori myself once. Traded for some "field grade" guns.

Carbohydrates

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    Dallas
    Meh, OOHH nice, Ooh nice, ok, Nice, yep, Nice, Nice,
    meh, want, cool, want, name your price, drool, drool.
    Haha, I certainly appreciate the honest opinions there. The Warnant action is a pretty interesting rifle. I can only find one marking on the entire thing, which appears to be an import proof. As I understand it, the construction and action of this rifle mean that it was probably built in Belgium in the 1880s-1890s.

tX5uW.jpg

It was missing a breech block screw when I purchased it, so you can see the replacement I made out of an allen head screw - it was the only screw I had handy with the correct threading!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Welcome aboard. Nice guns. I'm no photographer, but nice pix.

How did you shoot the one's on the white background? Did you light it or was it done outdoors?

Elmerfudge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Joshua, Texas
    Welcome! Spent time in early 70's on Whidbey Island. My VA Squadron was home based there. If you like to shoot, you'll love it here in Texas. Just think of all the ammo you can buy because of no state income tax here...

Top Bottom