• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ERICJP82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Tomball
    My name is Eric and I live up near Tomball. I'm a 32 year old new father so I joined the site to see if anyone would be interested in buying my gun since I no longer want it in my home around my kids. I found this site using google and it said in some of the threads that this would be a better point to sell rather than trade it in at a shop. Any suggestions or questions, let me know!
    Military Camp

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Welcome Eric.

I am NOT trying to be condescending but, consider this. As a father and presumably a husband, it is your duty to protect your family with any/all means necessary. Having firearm(s) in the home with children can be be perfectly safe, if you make it so.

I could continue but I'm certain you get the gist.

You cannot list a gun for sale on TGT until you have 25 posts.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Congrats new dad. Most members her are dads or moms. You are not the first with this dilemma. Secure your firearm. When your kids are old enough, educate them about gun safety. Take them to the range. Make it a family event. Guns are not the problem.
    Welcome to TGT. This is a great place to learn and ask questions.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Congrats new dad. Most members her are dads or moms. You are not the first with this dilemma. Secure your firearm. When your kids are old enough, educate them about gun safety. Take them to the range. Make it a family event. Guns are not the problem.
    Welcome to TGT. This is a great place to learn and ask questions.
    this and welcome.
    Plus what G69 said

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Eric, definitely one of the more interesting first posts. I do hope you come back and engage in the discussion you have started.

Welcome to TGT.....

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Eric, definitely one of the more interesting first posts. I do hope you come back and engage in the discussion you have started.

Welcome to TGT.....
    Please do.

I tapped out my previous reply while pressed for time. Obviously on a gun forum you won't hear sell .. sell .. sell . just because kids are around.

Hopefully you are willing to learn safety and control from those who have managed it while children are nearby.

Well done Chupacabra!

Last edited:

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    Welcome, I'm a father of 11 children ages from 21 all the way down to 8 months and we are a gun owning family. Like others have said it's all about keeping the guns in a safe place. My wife and I have taught our children to respect them.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Wow. When a father has children should be the time he has a gun and is proficient with it. Be a good dad and buy an electronic safe and place it next to your bed side. When the kids are old enough teach them about it and some responsibility.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Welcome. As a father that raised 3 boys mostly by myself I can tell you this in all honesty.
    With a little care and teaching on your part, your child and you have many more things to fear more than your gun. Many common household items and activities are far more likely to do them harm. At least the gun can be used to PROTECT as well.
    Bicycles, skateboards, stairs, and cleaning chemicals,,,,,, not so much.

By the way, congrats on the baby. May you be blessed with many smiles and giggles.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    One and done. I have a feeling we won't be hearing from Eric again. He appeared to be only looking for a venue to sell his firearms, not discuss his current situation. :(

Still, most of us know there is no inherent danger in owning firearms. The troubles begin with their misuse or mishandling, just like many other things (cars, chainsaws, etc.). If guns themselves killed, my entire family would have been dead long ago as they outnumber us by over 20:1; but some simple safety precautions have prevented any accidents over the last ten years. Essentially, obey the 5 rules of safety when it comes to handling firearms, and keep weapons safely locked away. Just following those two guidelines will negate the vast majority of risks involved with owning guns.

Lastly, I have always been of the belief that it is much smarter to teach gun safety to those who are unfamiliar with firearms than to shield people from them. Ignorance and curiosity are killers, remove both of them from the equation and you've created a much safer environment. Not everyone is going to embrace the sport of shooting or collecting firearms, but simply teaching people how to safely handle a firearm will make life safer for everyone involved.

So, Eric, I am sure you weren't asking for a lecture when you joined the forum; but I hope you at least consider some of the comments on here about possibly keeping your firearms safely locked away instead of getting rid of them. In the end that may be the smarter move...

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    We didn't lock up guns when I grew up. Before dad told me I was gonna learn to shoot I didn't think about touching them.

We always had guns leaning in corners or behind doors or in a glass door display case so we could look at them. My dad was scared to teach me how to shoot a handgun until I got to high school. His reason was the barrel is short enough to where I could hurt myself easier.

Top Bottom