• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Traded in our old Jeep Liberty that was a 2006 for a truck finally. I have always had pickups but the past several years I was without. So for a great price I bought a used low mileage 2015 Ford F-150 Texas edition 4x4 with the 5.0 engine. Its the full 4 door. For some reason I liked the white paint. It came with a full brush guard that the previous owner installed. I have had it for about 3 weeks now and already lifted it put on bfg all terrain ko2 tires and put the molded weathertech floor mats. I haven't taken pics of it yet but it is a clean and prior owner took good care of it. Its nice to have a full size truck again.
    Capitol Armory ad

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I've had performance cars for most of my adult life. I had the Tacoma for two years and loved having a truck but that thing was a giant piece of shit after just two years. I got a 17 Titan SL 4x4 now and love it. I won't be going back to a performance car any time soon if at all. Too much utility in a truck to give it up.

I would have gotten a ford but I really just don't like the overall look of them. Their upper level ecoboost engine is a monster though.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I've had performance cars for most of my adult life. I had the Tacoma for two years and loved having a truck but that thing was a giant piece of shit after just two years. I got a 17 Titan SL 4x4 now and love it. I won't be going back to a performance car any time soon if at all. Too much utility in a truck to give it up.

I would have gotten a ford but I really just don't like the overall look of them. Their upper level ecoboost engine is a monster though.
    I rented a 2018 Expedition, all aluminum, 3.5v6 Eco Boost and 10 speed transmission...

That thing FLEW, and I got a max 22mpg, averaged 18 or so with me stomping it every chance I got.

Got it with 4 miles returned it with 2000.

It's rated for 375/470... the navigator is rated 450/500.
    Hopefully in 2 years I'll be able to get my wife the 2018 nav. right know they are $80k+ for a base model

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Traded in our old Jeep Liberty that was a 2006 for a truck finally. I have always had pickups but the past several years I was without. So for a great price I bought a used low mileage 2015 Ford F-150 Texas edition 4x4 with the 5.0 engine. Its the full 4 door. For some reason I liked the white paint. It came with a full brush guard that the previous owner installed. I have had it for about 3 weeks now and already lifted it put on bfg all terrain ko2 tires and put the molded weathertech floor mats. I haven't taken pics of it yet but it is a clean and prior owner took good care of it. Its nice to have a full size truck again.
    I've rented that same truck/engine, those. things have a good amount of torque to them... they're tons of fun! Congrats on the new truck!

Sent from my SIG Sauer

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

That year model is g2g. Good motor as well compared to the 5.4 that they used before

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    That year model is g2g. Good motor as well compared to the 5.4 that they used before
    5.4 was always a dog. the 4v was nice but not really used. The supercharged version was nice but only in the L/HD... the 3v was a nice upgrade from the 2v but like 4 years late lol.

The 5.0 was such a refreshing standard option for once. Congrats again

Sent from my SIG Sauer

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Excuse me sir.. but for some reason, the pictures of your new truck are nowhere to be seen!
    Post some when you get the chance.. We'd like to see that rig!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    No, damn tapatalk f'd up. Then, I tried to delete the posts so I could log out and repost under this login in, but no luck. Sigh....1st world problems.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No, damn tapatalk f'd up. Then, I tried to delete the posts so I could log out and repost under this login in, but no luck. Sigh....1st world problems.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Want me to clear them to remove your name?

Edit: Hid the post for now.

Last edited:

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Still waiting on pictures of the truck.

*edited to remove deleted quote from SJ
    We are still getting settled in at the new house. Just had my internet hooked up a few days ago. It has been very busy for me trying to unpack and get things put back together. I will soon I promise. What is the best way to upload pics now? I used to use photobucket.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    We are still getting settled in at the new house. Just had my internet hooked up a few days ago. It has been very busy for me trying to unpack and get things put back together. I will soon I promise. What is the best way to upload pics now? I used to use photobucket.
    I use Tapatalk on my phone. Very simple.

DwnRange

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2015
    ahhh, ya seen one Ford ya seen 'em all...................., now here's what a real truck looks like:
    upload_2018-3-11_17-14-45.jpeg

30 years old and still going and looking like a new one.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    ahhh, ya seen one Ford ya seen 'em all...................., now here's what a real truck looks like:
    View attachment 132999

30 years old and still going and looking like a new one.
    saw a truck of that era in Lee Summit, MO last week. Guy had dropped about $80k in it over the years. It looked bone stock other than bigger tires. Supposedly had a 454 under the hood. Still sporting the light blue color. I think a lot of the $80k was probably body work and repair over the years. body shop guys were joking that the owner must've gotten his first lay in it because that's a shit ton of money for a relatively plain truck.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Reactions: MTA

DwnRange

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2015
    saw a truck of that era in Lee Summit, MO last week. Guy had dropped about $80k in it over the years. It looked bone stock other than bigger tires. Supposedly had a 454 under the hood. Still sporting the light blue color. I think a lot of the $80k was probably body work and repair over the years. body shop guys were joking that the owner must've gotten his first lay in it because that's a shit ton of money for a relatively plain truck.

This 1988 truck belonged to my Dad, and came just as it looks above (one of the last Travel Quest Custom Chevys ever made, with captains chairs and real wood interior) - I rebuilt the original 350 TBI engine that came in it using a complete Edlebrock TBI package kit (heads, intake, cam, lifters etc..) back in 2011, headers and Flowmaster dual exhaust along with a custom burned chip for the old GM computer. My tranny man rebuilt the original trans into a custom C6 at the same time, to handle the added ponies. She'll run in "lock-up" at 65mph from Texas to California, up hill or down on cruise control never coming out of OD, (thanks to a special lock-up converter) and still gets over well over 17 mpg.
    It was the longest wheel base Chevy ever made IIRC, and she rides like a Cadillac. He complained I spent too much (around 10K) but then she made me 40k+ on one pipeline project in mileage payments the year before I rebuilt it, so I figured why the heck not. Chevy don't make 'em like this anymore and I'm keepin her.

ps - added, yes ZX she was, as noted above.... (it's also got the stock 38+ gallon tank on it which, when new, meant ya could run over 600 miles before looking for fuel - it's abit less than that now, depending on how I drive it, leadfooted and all...., normally around 450-500 miles)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom