• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Really sweet scope for the money(700) that is getting really popular with the AR crowd. For the price I bet not nearly as many NFs will be sold as its 90% of the scope for 50% of the money from what a few people have posted on the hide. Ive got my name on the waiting list for one at liberty optics.
    Vortex Optics - Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP EBR-1 MOA
    I just cant decide if I want to put it on my 223 AR or on my 300BLK ar. Ill be shooting subs and supers out of the 300BLK so I dont know that I really need 10x but it would be nice to have if I needed to make a 300yd shot with some supers. Ive already got the older 2.5-10x44 pst on my 223 AR right now but I think Im going to swap that over to my 10/17HM2 build.

With its relatively small elevation adjustment range it wont be a longer range contender but IMO will be perfect for the AR crowd and for most hunting rifles here in Texas.
    Guns International

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Ended up getting one for my dads 300blk AR and I must say Im really impressed with it. Much better than the x44 SFP model I had. The glass is quite a bit more clear and its the perfect size for an AR that youre going to stretch out a little. I believe Im going to get one for my 300BLK AR too if I don't go with the SWFA 1-6. Either way Ill find a rifle to put one on. The glass is very clear, fairly light, nice size and works well at dusk/dawn. For 700 I don't think anything comes close to it if youre looking for a smaller feature packed scope. The illumination was very nice for some subsonic dusk hog elimination. Its dang near on the level of the 2.5-10 nightforce and with illumination. I highly recommend it.
    20130703_122250_zpse0fd1fd0.jpg

Only picture I have of it to show the size of the axis rub out at the lease. For some reason once I got the rifle together my dad snatched it up and wont let me "borrow" it anymore. Suppressed subsonic shooting is apparently fun haha.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    This is the one he has
    Vortex Optics - Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP EBR-1 MOA
    The x32 is FFP, the x44 is SFP and by many accounts has inferior glass. The x44 I had was made earlier last year so it wasn't that old but some say the latest vortex SFP scopes have better glass so it mustve happened in the last year that they improved the glass on the SFP models.

The MOA model has 86 moa of adjustment, plenty for anything most people will be doing with an AR. Mrad has 25 mils of adjustment. Plenty to get a 223 AR with a heavy pill way on out there.

The only bad thing I can say about it is at 2.5x its hard to see the reticle without the illumination on but I normally walk around on 5x and obviously if Im taking a longer prepared shot then its on 10x so the reticle difficult isn't that big of a deal to me. Ill have more feedback on it later in the year once I get it out to the lease a few more times to open it up a bit.

Oh, and contact Chris at sport optics for the best price around, you have to email or call him to get the best price. Fortunately we found my dads scope used on snipershide for 550 shipped but I imagine since I want mil Ill have to buy new since these scopes don't last but a couple hours on the exchange there. Still the best value out there IMO for this category.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Between my dad and I we've got 6 Vortex scopes and they've been great with the exception of one. I sent it off Monday to get checked out and I received an email notification that it shipped yesterday. Not a bad turnaround. The bang for the buck and their warranty is what sold me on them. Glass clarity on all the scopes of theirs are better than the other scopes of the same class that Ive seen. Theres definitely better out there but I think youd be hard pressed to find a better scope near the same price. Im too cheap to buy a NF or SB so vortex it is. I would like to try one of the bushnell HDMR scopes with the G2 reticle though. Only killer is no illumination, I like to have that for hunting.

Top Bottom