• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Anyone else have the new XD45 with the thumb safety?I just got one for my brother but he does not like the trigger.I went out and shot it yesterday and the trigger was very heavy compared to my older XD40.Still a nice gun,thinking about trading him to see if the trigger loosens up after a few hundred rounds.
    pix271889062.gif
    Lynx Defense

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I had an XD45 I had for a few months this year, buts old it to pay off a 1911 I bought.

It was heavier than I would have liked. I had rented an XD45, but that one probably had 10,000+ rounds thru it - so the trigger was much lighter.

Had I kept the gun, I was going to get a trigger job thru Springfield

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I was thinking about getting a trigger kit but am hoping the trigger will lighten up after a few hundred rounds.

Moezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2008
    Allen
    After around 300-400 rounds you will notice a difference in the trigger. Mine was a bit stiff at first but started easing up after 300 rounds. I LOVE the trigger.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Was your trigger heavy like mine?it is 7 to 8lbs.I am taking it out to the range tomorrow to shoot 200 rounds thru it.

philbo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Houston
    I've owned several XD's over the last few years. I've noticed that models produced by Springfield prior to their offering a trigger job in house had much easier trigger pulls; usually about 5-6 pounds at most. The newer models I've come across lately seem to be like what you're experiencing... heavy trigger that interferes with accuracy. A trigger job is money well spent

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Ran 200 rounds thru it and it has not loosened up.I will be calling SA on Monday to see how heavy the trigger pull is supposed to be.Hopefully it will not be going back for warranty work.

Top Bottom