• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    we can do whatever, need to get some ideas rolling

I need to hear back on some of the ideas. I think we have more than enough to keep people occupied. More than we'd have time for, honestly. You have to factor in set-up and tear-down for changing over from one event to another.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Speaking of changing over..

We're going to want one safety person uprange at ALL TIME, especially when people are going down to reset or change over.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Very true I can help RSO some of the contests and stuff are self scoring and easy, the .22 challenge is 13 shots and pretty damn easy to admin. Some of the other stuff can be tough I would like to see a IDPA run done, mostly cause Ive been wanting to try it for a long time

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Crap, didn't even realize that. What should we do people? Do we want to reschedule for 2/12 or 2/19? 2/12 BOTW has an IDPA match scheduled, so I'd have to see if any bays are even available. Lets figure this out quick because we're running out of time.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    do we have everything laid out for this event? Not a whole lot of planning going on. I know alot of us are working like crazy. Probably best to reschedule.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    do we have everything laid out for this event? Not a whole lot of planning going on. I know alot of us are working like crazy. Probably best to reschedule.

I have ...

5 Target Stands + Cardboard Backers + Some Targets + 1x2's
    Plenty of Guns & Ammo
    Two Foldout Tables (8' each)

We need a big trash can, not sure if the range can give us one.

Food stuff, we need plates, forks, knives, and all of that. I can pick it all up from HEB.

Are we good on the pit and meat? I can snag stuff also, but we need to coordinate for that.

Prizes, we can figure out. Hoping the hats get here in time for me to hand them out.

I got some clay pigeons we can shoot also.

Gonna need a handful of chairs.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    We have a 6 foot folding table we can bring. Who is bringing the pit? Sterling or Gearge I would assume.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sterling has a pit - mine ain't portable...<G>

Sterling, whatcha say?

My only concern is that I've got an FNRA event in February, but IIRC, it's later - will check!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Dammit always da brotha!!!! Set it up!! Cook smile, hold the lantern fo da parkin to da big house(ahhh)
    Gimme the date and you know i will be there
    Now what do we want to eat? And we gotta have a head count

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Travis,

If we're going to do an IDPA intro at this event, I have a couple of suggestions.

Resetting the stage... forget it. Don't even score it. One person shoots, then on to the next. Tape when the holes in the targets get too big to tell if they're actually engaging or just shooting the berm.

Safety issue: Holsters. First, not everybody is going to have one (I bet not everybody will have a pistol); second, I get kind of uncomfortable with the thought of someone trying to use a holster "for real" for the first time when a timer and/or audience is involved and the gun is hot. More so if I'm going to be standing nearby.

In my experience, action shooting runs through stages so slow (mostly because of resetting) that if we want to do this and still be able to do something else like the .22 contest and/or goof off a bit with our bay, people are going to want to wander to the rifle line, etc., it needs to be very quick, very simple, very safe, and as close to zero reset time as possible. If we could, I'd really like to see some gongs as targets. They can know they hit, but we won't have to reset ANYTHING. A plate rack would work well, too... Also, a par time wouldn't be a bad idea, just to keep things moving.

Top Bottom