New Year BBQ

Discussion in 'Events' started by Dcav, Oct 25, 2011.

1. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    What is the day? I have a demo on 11th

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Feb. 5th ... bring your demo toys, BOTW is F/A friendly. We can make vids yo.

Give me a call when you're not busy chasing the kids.

3. Dcav

Dcav TGT Addict

Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Alex Wakal offered to binrg osme of his toys as well. I'll write up some of the contests when I get to my desk at work.

4. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just so everyone is aware, we have Bay 3 reserved at BOTW. Bay 3 is a 125 yard bay, so that leaves us with a LOT of possibilities. I could use some ideas for what we would like to do. We can do the "Intro to IDPA" thing. We could have a bullseye pistol match, 25yd rimfire match, etc. What do you all think?

5. Texaslady1911

Texaslady1911 Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Dillo is going to gift some class as well correct?

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yep, we will comp a slot for our pistol courses.

7. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The rimfire match is go as far as I'm concerned. I like Dan's format for it. It's simple, it's quick. It sounds like fun. And it's been done, so he knows it works. ;)

Let's talk about the IDPA course of fire. I think it could turn out well, we just need to have a good plan on how to keep it running smoothly. Ideally, I'd like to see gongs as targets to cut down on reset time. Extra fun? Run it as a "heads-up" contest where two people shoot next to each other. Obviously, that's going to restrict them from moving, though I think we could start them next to each other in the center and then have them move away from each other. Run it single elimination.

8. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Although, I really do like the fruit massacre idea... Just have everybody get on line and go to town. Muhahahaha.

9. Dcav

Dcav TGT Addict

Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Soon as a i get a free minute I will post up the specs for the .22 contest, let me know what range you want to do the contest at (distance)

10. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    50 Yards would be good.