• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    What plans for y'all's New Year's Day dinner?

Wife and I are doing fried cabbage, cooked with onions and bacon, black-eyed peas, cooked with a smoked ham bone, homemade cornbread, pan-fried pork chops and soft-fried potatoes, and green beans.
    We're having almost the exact same meal, except no pork chops, or green beans.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    New Years Day, we're having red beans & rice with cajun sausages and cornbread. Tonight, we're taking a baked ziti to a New Years Eve party. Hopefully be home by 10pm.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    EAA5B67F-E6D8-46FD-B7CD-9B9189E47F03.jpeg

The turkey is looking good with an hour smoke on it. My root vegetables are par cooked and marinating.

I told the wife no breakfast this morning so she is still in bed. Next comes a big Bloody Mary and laying out snacks.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Anyone who does not have black eyed peas as part of their meal is immediately under suspicion of being a Godless communist.
    Whatchu talking bout Hoji? Chitterlings is where it’s at. I ain’t heard shit from the wife yet about BEP. That ain’t saying she won’t be driving in for a can of them.

This will be my very first year of not making some New Years Day food for good luck, wealth & health. Never did hear about all that until moving to Texas.

Top Bottom