• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The headlines scream that the masses of gun owners are running to police stations to turn in their firearms in response to the mass shooting and the government's stance on gun control in New Zealand.

Scroll down a few lines and we see that a total of 37 people who turned in guns was enough for the press to arrive at this conclusion. Evidently the one million plus gun owners who are not rushing to dump their weapons do not matter in the leftist math equation.

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...their-weapons-after-mass-shootings-at-mosques
    Venture Surplus ad

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Is this a buy back? Can they make 2x4 pipe shotguns to sell back lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Is this a buy back?
    It's going to be, but only for the newly re-classified firearms. Supposedly, the guns will be turned in and then, sometime later, the former owners will receive monetary compensation.

I still say that for rare items (not everyday AR-pattern rifles, which will be the majority of turn-ins), some enterprising exporter in NZ needs to call up a U.S. importer and start saving some firearms from destruction.

Technically, of course, that shouldn't be required. Under their law, even if some historic piece has been re-classified as a prohibited MSSA, the owner can apply for a special license to keep it. I'm curious if any of those applications will be approved. If the NZ police act honorably, people should be able to retain possession of the Remington Model 8 their grandfather owned.

But ARs are basically toast.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    there’s a lot more people buying ARs in NZ than turning them in. several dealers are reporting they can’t keep them on the shelves.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The headlines scream that the masses of gun owners are running to police stations to turn in their firearms in response to the mass shooting and the government's stance on gun control in New Zealand.

Scroll down a few lines and we see that a total of 37 people who turned in guns was enough for the press to arrive at this conclusion.

Stupid always exists.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    there’s a lot more people buying ARs in NZ than turning them in. several dealers are reporting they can’t keep them on the shelves.
    I thought the ban was already in effect. How can they continue to sell them?

Okay, I see now.....within 10 days.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I think most honest people know the chances of a police encounter in there home is next to zilch so as long as your bumpstock is home and out of sight even if the PoPo show up for a medical/welfare check no one will find it.

And even if a cop sees it chance are he is not going to know what it is or care that you have it unless you are a dick.

We've beat on this one before.

Very few honest professional primary wage earners would become felons for the sake of keeping a weapon of any sort.

True in NZ.
    True here.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Gun ban
    Suppression of speech

The US equivalent:
    Let’s just get rid of those pesky first and second amendments...

1d6ed196d221e6b7ee40e7660088b3c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 1d6ed196d221e6b7ee40e7660088b3c3.jpg
      1d6ed196d221e6b7ee40e7660088b3c3.jpg
      176 KB · Views: 301
    Top Bottom