Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    14:28 Sep 15 2020 shows tello1 ONLINE NOW.

How can you be BANNED and be ONLINE?
    I did some testing and I think I know what's going on. If you tell your computer to remember you on TGT, it will automatically log you in when you come to the web site. If you're banned, however, the software will not show you anything except an error message, if we provided one, explaining to you why you were banned.

However, each attempt to visit TGT, even if all you see is that error message, updates your user profile with a new date and time in the "last seen" field. Note that in that field it no longer says where the member was last seen. That's because the banned account isn't actually seeing any TGT content; they're just seeing the page headers and a message that reads: "Oops! We ran into some problems. You have been banned for the following reason: <insert ban explanation>."

I suppose if a banned member occasionally refreshed an open tab with that error message showing, they could continue to show as online forever. I'm not sure why they'd want to nor can I see where it hurts anything.

This idiosyncrasy doesn't bother me and unless someone can give me a compelling reason to do otherwise, I'm not going to suggest anybody up the food chain try to address it.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Maybe it's just a coincidence but I cleared some really sketchy membership applications this morning. I mean, way sketchier than usual.
    There has been a large increase in first time gun owners and many of those owners search for places to learn more about the gun they just bought. Forums like this are a good place to get info from like minded folks. So, we're likely to see an increase in member applications. Sometimes it's hard to tell the good from the bad and sometimes, it's very obvious that they are not here to learn and interact with others.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    sometimes, it's very obvious that they are not here to learn
    Well, when the new sign-up says they're from California, has an IP from New Zealand, and has an email and user name that indicates their primary business is the mail-order sale of guns advertised via .onion sites, then, yeah, they're pretty obvious.

Either that or the ATF is getting really sloppy. ;)

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Well, when the new sign-up says they're from California, has an IP from New Zealand, and has an email and user name that indicates their primary business is the mail-order sale of guns advertised via .onion sites, then, yeah, they're pretty obvious.

Either that or the ATF is getting really sloppy. ;)
    A little Column A and a little Column B?

Top Bottom