Newbie - SBR question - San Antonio

Echo_5_Golf

Dec 16, 2008
San Antonio
Fellow Gun-talkies,

I am new to the site and did perform a search for an appropriate answer before posting a new thread. I am looking to build my first SBR (AR) , I have the lower already, the collapsible stock, the bolt assembly & chrng handle. I just need the upper. I have the (form-1) and ordered the fingerprint cards from the ATF website.

1- Can I use the FBI FD-258 fingerprint card downloaded from the net?

2- Can I use the downloadable Form-1 fom the net?

3- Anyone in San Antonio know who the best CLEO is for signing off would be?

4- What would be a better choice for upper?

11.5 in for $315 at Del-ton.com Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 11.5" Flat Top Barrel Assembly

-OR - a 10.25 in for the same price at Model1sales.com Welcome to Model 1 Sales' Online Order Center

I guess I would be saving on the tax if I went with Del-ton being that Model-1 is in Texas. Sorry for clouding the forum with one more newbie question, but I had to start somewhere.

CALI

Dec 19, 2008
Round Rock
Echo 5,

First, have you tried searching for a Class III dealer/store there in S.A.? Normally they are the best resource to get you going. Sometimes they even offer to do the paperwork for you (if you're buying from them) and all you have to do is get it signed off, your signature and get the finger printing done before you send it.

For fingerprinting...You can go down to DPS and pay them a fee of $9-$11 and you can request for a maximum of 4 cards.

I also agree with the above post about going the trust way. But, that's if no one in your city, county wants to sign it.

Good Luck.

Echo_5_Golf

Dec 16, 2008
San Antonio
Echo 5,

First, have you tried searching for a Class III dealer/store there in S.A.? Normally they are the best resource to get you going. Sometimes they even offer to do the paperwork for you (if you're buying from them) and all you have to do is get it signed off, your signature and get the finger printing done before you send it.

For fingerprinting...You can go down to DPS and pay them a fee of $9-$11 and you can request for a maximum of 4 cards.

I also agree with the above post about going the trust way. But, that's if no one in your city, county wants to sign it.

Good Luck.
Well, Tommorow morning I'm going to try the County Sheriff's if I the red light then , I'm going the trust route. I am gonna do a search for NFA dealers in San Antonio, thnks..didn't even think of that. I was so set on ordering online from DEL-TON.com because they had the upper I wanted and I just have to pay shipping and no state tax like Model1sales.com. Ever use Quicken Will Master?

sigxo45

Feb 6, 2009
echo 5 golf, not to worry you can get a CLEO sign off for a SBR in bexar county, sapd wont sign, but BCSO WILL if you need a contact name number just email me through the site..

Echo_5_Golf

Dec 16, 2008
San Antonio
echo 5 golf, not to worry you can get a CLEO sign off for a SBR in bexar county, sapd wont sign, but BCSO WILL if you need a contact name number just email me through the site..
Thanks, matter of fact I just had him sign off on my first Form 1 last week. It was alot easier then I thought it would be. I called down and spoke to his sec. and he told me right off the bat he would sign it, but would not for silencers or MG's. I dropped it off on Monday and had it signed and mailed back to me by Thursday.... great to be back in Texas.

Top Bottom