• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Echo_5_Golf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    San Antonio
    Fellow Gun-talkies,

I am new to the site and did perform a search for an appropriate answer before posting a new thread. I am looking to build my first SBR (AR) , I have the lower already, the collapsible stock, the bolt assembly & chrng handle. I just need the upper. I have the (form-1) and ordered the fingerprint cards from the ATF website.

1- Can I use the FBI FD-258 fingerprint card downloaded from the net?

2- Can I use the downloadable Form-1 fom the net?

3- Anyone in San Antonio know who the best CLEO is for signing off would be?

4- What would be a better choice for upper?

11.5 in for $315 at Del-ton.com Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 11.5" Flat Top Barrel Assembly

-OR - a 10.25 in for the same price at Model1sales.com Welcome to Model 1 Sales' Online Order Center

I guess I would be saving on the tax if I went with Del-ton being that Model-1 is in Texas. Sorry for clouding the forum with one more newbie question, but I had to start somewhere.
    Target Sports

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Echo 5,

First, have you tried searching for a Class III dealer/store there in S.A.? Normally they are the best resource to get you going. Sometimes they even offer to do the paperwork for you (if you're buying from them) and all you have to do is get it signed off, your signature and get the finger printing done before you send it.

For fingerprinting...You can go down to DPS and pay them a fee of $9-$11 and you can request for a maximum of 4 cards.

I also agree with the above post about going the trust way. But, that's if no one in your city, county wants to sign it.

Good Luck.

Echo_5_Golf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    San Antonio
    Echo 5,

First, have you tried searching for a Class III dealer/store there in S.A.? Normally they are the best resource to get you going. Sometimes they even offer to do the paperwork for you (if you're buying from them) and all you have to do is get it signed off, your signature and get the finger printing done before you send it.

For fingerprinting...You can go down to DPS and pay them a fee of $9-$11 and you can request for a maximum of 4 cards.

I also agree with the above post about going the trust way. But, that's if no one in your city, county wants to sign it.

Good Luck.

Well, Tommorow morning I'm going to try the County Sheriff's if I the red light then , I'm going the trust route. I am gonna do a search for NFA dealers in San Antonio, thnks..didn't even think of that. I was so set on ordering online from DEL-TON.com because they had the upper I wanted and I just have to pay shipping and no state tax like Model1sales.com. Ever use Quicken Will Master?

sigxo45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    echo 5 golf, not to worry you can get a CLEO sign off for a SBR in bexar county, sapd wont sign, but BCSO WILL if you need a contact name number just email me through the site..

Echo_5_Golf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    San Antonio
    echo 5 golf, not to worry you can get a CLEO sign off for a SBR in bexar county, sapd wont sign, but BCSO WILL if you need a contact name number just email me through the site..

Thanks, matter of fact I just had him sign off on my first Form 1 last week. It was alot easier then I thought it would be. I called down and spoke to his sec. and he told me right off the bat he would sign it, but would not for silencers or MG's. I dropped it off on Monday and had it signed and mailed back to me by Thursday.... great to be back in Texas.

Mitch'SS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2008
    Slightly off topic... but I am looking to SBR a Spikes lower I have.

I do know I can get a CLEO sign off for a SBR.

With the CLEO sign off do you have to get a AR lower engraved?

I have searched but am still unclear on this part of the process.

TomCat0197

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Converse
    Yes you do, because you are still the maker of the SBR. You don't have to if you are buying a factoy assembled SBR on a Form 4. Orion Arms did mine, but I have no idea what their workload is given the post-election lunacy.

Mitch'SS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2008
    Thats what I thought on the AR platform.

So does it also apply to a shotgun... such as a Saiga 12. For example... sent to Tromix for the conversion.

TomCat0197

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Converse
    Not sure how Tromix does it, best bet would be to contact him. I'd like to get my hands on a Saiga 12 but that project is way down the list.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Echo 5: Are you planning to put a suppressor on that SBR?

If so, I would be wary of Del-Ton barrels. They are not known for their concentricity.

Top Bottom