• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    I saw alot of posts about a 870 or moss 500 combo buy. Can anyone link one with a 18 inch barrel and a 24 or 26 inch barrel?

TWD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    I did go ahead and get the mossberg combo. Even came with a pistol grip. I am a happy camper.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    You should be a happy camper. That's a great setup right from the factory. I have a similar combo that I put together myself.
    I started with a Mossberg 500 Slugster. That has a 22" ported barrel with rifle sights. I added a 26" C-lector choke barrel for more versatility. That's Mossberg's version of a Poly choke.

Have fun! Bust some clays or some birds and bunnies.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I looked at the H&R Pardner just yesterday and found it to be a solid, well made and inexpensive shotgun. If you want to modify it with accessories, however, you might be better off looking elsewhere.

Accessories for the Remington 870 are everywhere and the same is true with the Mossberg 88 and 500 shotguns. Shotguns are my weakness and I own a few of them.

I bought my first Mossberg 88 from a TGT member and really liked it! I got an 18.5" barrel at Midway then another Mossberg 88 and additional barrels, stocks and goodies. That first barrel cost me $78 brand new! Barrels for the 88 Maverick and the Mossberg 500 are interchangeable and you'll usually only see Mossberg 500 barrels advertized. They fit both models. Then I started fooling with Mossberg 500's Both are great values.

My advice? Snag a Mossberg 88. It's an exceptional value for the money and accessories are easy to find. It's made in Eagle Pass, Texas, too!

Flash

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    I looked at the H&R Pardner just yesterday and found it to be a solid, well made and inexpensive shotgun. If you want to modify it with accessories, however, you might be better off looking elsewhere.

Accessories for the Remington 870 are everywhere and the same is true with the Mossberg 88 and 500 shotguns. Shotguns are my weakness and I own a few of them.

I bought my first Mossberg 88 from a TGT member and really liked it! I got an 18.5" barrel at Midway then another Mossberg 88 and additional barrels, stocks and goodies. That first barrel cost me $78 brand new! Barrels for the 88 Maverick and the Mossberg 500 are interchangeable and you'll usually only see Mossberg 500 barrels advertized. They fit both models. Then I started fooling with Mossberg 500's Both are great values.

My advice? Snag a Mossberg 88. It's an exceptional value for the money and accessories are easy to find.

Flash
    Same experience here...

Last edited:

cssmith56

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    another vote for the 88 in the 18.5 barrel... can make a reliable home defense shotgun on the cheap

_matt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2014
    Houston / Galveston
    I always lean towards Remington 870's and Mossberg 590's for entry level pump guns. They are reliable and have many aftermarket parts and accessories for them, that make upgrading and configuring at a later date much easier.

Top Bottom