• ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Delayed?!? Did you not get a bill of sale?!? :spank:

The background check either comes back proceed, delay, or denied. If you get a delay, the FBI has 3 days to either deny or proceed you, or the gun shop can legally give you your firearm (up to their discretion). But, even though you have your firearm, they will continue investigating you for 90 days and if something shows up and they deny you, you will have to surrender it! For some reason I got a delay, but then got proceed the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Nobody minds if one uses a bill of sale, but keep in mind it does absolutely nothing unless ...... maybe if a Notary has witnessed and signed off. And that would only provide you're identity in the notary's book. (It does not cover your butt regarding the sale itself!)

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Nobody minds if one uses a bill of sale, but keep in mind it does absolutely nothing unless ...... maybe if a Notary has witnessed and signed off. And that would only provide you're identity in the notary's book. (It does not cover your butt regarding the sale itself!)
    I do even better, a notary and three independent witnesses.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    This question has probably already been asked, and answered, but I’m not technologically capable of finding it. What would be a reasonable number of magazines for someone like me to have? On the one hand I’m concerned about the possibility that if they (the people who think they know what’s in my best interest) decide to appease the mob, then they may go after them and you won’t be able to get them. But on the other hand, I don’t want to seem like a nut who has 100 magazines for one rifle.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    This question has probably already been asked, and answered, but I’m not technologically capable of finding it. What would be a reasonable number of magazines for someone like me to have? On the one hand I’m concerned about the possibility that if they (the people who think they know what’s in my best interest) decide to appease the mob, then they may go after them and you won’t be able to get them. But on the other hand, I don’t want to seem like a nut who has 100 magazines for one rifle.

Why would anyone have any idea how many magazines you have? The 30 round mags at Academy are around $15. IMO, buy as many as you want and put them in your safe.

As for range ammo. All the ranges I go to require brass only. I buy the cheapest.223 brass ammo at whatever store I go to.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County

As many as You feel comfortable with. If you want one spare mag., or a hundred and one spare mags., that's entirely up to you and no business of Anybody else.

As a starting point, I'd like to have a minimum of five magazines for whatever semi-auto pistol I might have, and a minimum of ten magazines for whatever semi-auto rifle I might have.

Top Bottom