Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That should be pretty easy.

Just about everyone who isn't a felon has that right.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    I think they are specifically referring to those that have CHL's, because they're investigating the recent surge of CHL's.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    This one?: Newspaper chain plans 'state-by-state' concealed weapon databases | Fox News

The newest project "examines the explosion of ‘conceal and carry’ gun permits across the U.S.,”
    wrote Jim Lawitz, Civitas’ director of content, in an e-mail first obtained by the Buckeye Firearms Association. “Through public records act requests, we will attempt to build state-by-state databases that list those who have the right to carry a concealed weapon.”

Don't agree with what they are doing (in red text). Though part of me is curious how many hypocrites like antigun legislators and Hollywood famous people would be exposed. This is the left attempting to shame/out/attack/ostracize the people who have CHLs. (If yall saw the link from JColumbus on debating a liberal with Ben Shapiro's video you'll see where this is coming from).

A list of "those who have the right to carry" shouldn't be kept by anyone in the media. I feel their motivations are sinister. If the media wants statistical information, that they can request and receive from each state's licensing agency. Texas does keep and publicize those facts. In fact they can go directly here: TxDPS - Concealed Handgun Licensing

There, the Texas CHL info they need pertinent to their "examines the explosion of 'conceal and carry' is done. They don't need names and personal information to examine stats. In fact the people who have the right to carry a concealed weapon is any law abiding citizen who has not been disqualified, like felons and other listed individuals. So, them making a list isn't necessary. In fact, it'd be easier to get a list of disqualified indiviuals and call it good.

Top it off with Texas has a law that went through in 2007 saying a CHLers info is private (name, date, age, DOB, address, etc) and DPS won't release them for PI request: Texas Legislature Online - 80(R) History for HB 991

Overall, this group is fishing under the guise of study and stats.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah, just aggravated by the articles wording which insinuates that only permit holders have the "right".

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Didn't someone end up releasing her personal information and address?

Yup, employees of the paper had their info released and they did not like it none too much. They cried about it and got police protection details to sit outside their houses. "Do as I say, not as I do". It is ok for the to treat others with invasion of privacy but it wasn't ok the got treated the same.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Remember when that map got put out of CHL addresses? At one point, Sheriffs just started straight up denying the information releases because they saw what it was going to. I know Austin and Houston are screwed, but I would think that your smaller county Sheriffs, and maybe some of the other city sheriffs would do the same thing in Tx. Just deny that info. You can request all day long-I don't think there's really any repercussion for not giving it up.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    It's Texas law that DPS will not release CHL information to public requests. That kind of info is for LEO use only. If a Sheriff in the state of Texas releases that information, I'd say it's fair to hang that Sheriff from the court house oak tree by his nipples until he is tried and punished. A Texas LEO that would release that info would be a disappointment in my book.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Yup, employees of the paper had their info released and they did not like it none too much. They cried about it and got police protection details to sit outside their houses. "Do as I say, not as I do". It is ok for the to treat others with invasion of privacy but it wasn't ok the got treated the same.

Good. They should have to know what it feels like.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I wonder if they could FOIA CLEO's to get a list of who they signed Form 1's and Form 4's for? Are those requests logged? Can they get copies from the ATF with personal information? I don't know the privacy laws on this...

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I wonder if they could FOIA CLEO's to get a list of who they signed Form 1's and Form 4's for? Are those requests logged? Can they get copies from the ATF with personal information? I don't know the privacy laws on this...

ATF usually won't give them shit. They barely give you any info on the status of a tax paid transfer if you're the transferee and can provide the tranferor's name and weapon's serial number. But note I said usually, if the criminal eric holder or obama directed them to release unredacted federal tax documents I bet they would.

Just like Joe the Plumber's and various conservative office holders' and candidates' tax records got 'mysteriously' leaked to the public right before an election.

Last edited:

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    They sure don't like being noticed for being part of the Anti-2A groups.

See info below that is posted right on their front page. But it doesn't really mean shit. How many liberals lie to further their agenda? All of them.

Civitas Media

Statement from the CEO

Civitas Media never had any plans or intentions of publishing in print or online lists of holders of “conceal and carry” permits. Nor will Civitas Media develop databases of permit holders. A poorly crafted internal memo meant to highlight editorial discussions and planning incorrectly indicated that such a database was being planned; it has been considered and rejected.

Michael C. Bush, CEO

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Hope they get my name/address right. Would not want to NOT be on the list. Basically a Criminals Guide of homes safe to rob and homes not so safe to rob.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If any reporters or other criminals are interested in the guns i carry and show up at my house...theyll see the big guns i cant take in my waist band!

-Without Life there can be no Liberty-

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Liberal media types tried that technique by publishing lists of gun owners. The goal here is to make us feel ashamed that we participate in the shooting sports. We are doing nothing illegal, immoral or antisocial. No one should have the ability to vilify someone for doing things are perfectly legal. In the end though, I don't give a flip what they think, they are NOT better than we are and we won't slink off humbled and humiliated by them.

Flash

Top Bottom