• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Do yall think that people really think that a pistol grip, or a muzzle suppressor, or bayonet mount actually makes a rifle any more dangerous?

They might as well have said that all scary rifles should be banned because it makes us politicans say we have done something other than such the taxpayers' money.
    Hurley's Gold

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Its not that people think that stuff, its that the anti's/media have protrayed the cosmetic changes as "assault rifles" which is innacurate in every sense. People now days take the news as gospel, sadly. There is a VERY good video on youtube where a guy illustrates this quite well.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just a couple months ago I got in an argument (I didn't start it) with a co-worker about firearms. Up to that point, I had no idea he was rabidly anti-gun and the typical uneducated liberal. Surprisingly, he actually thought that every Walmart sold machineguns and that machineguns were constantly being used in crimes by the average gang banger and 7 Eleven robber. ;) Needless to say, I schooled him on the subject which really didn't matter much anyways as his immature @ss ended up quitting the job since he couldn't take constructive criticism from his manager. ;) This is the type of stuff we're dealing with people. Anti gun groups really do have the average uninformed citizen completely fooled on the reality of the situation.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    So what's this new AWB bill number that's supposedly far worse than the last one? Every bill I've seen proposed thus far doesn't change the fundamental mechanics of the previous AWB (aka everything legal before passage is grandfathered).

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    i honestly cant imagine any other way they could do it. without the grandfather clause, there would have to be confiscation or voluntary turn in and either would be devastating to any politician that supported it.
    be it guns or anything else, people dont like the govt. telling them to turn in their property.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    registration first then confiscation

Just look to Britain and Australia for how the forfeiture process works. They started with registering all guns to provide safety and once that was complete all it took was an "incident " and then it was time to turn in all those registered guns.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    So what's this new AWB bill number that's supposedly far worse than the last one? Every bill I've seen proposed thus far doesn't change the fundamental mechanics of the previous AWB (aka everything legal before passage is grandfathered).
    It is HR6257. Don't expect anything to happen with this current piece as it has been in the House since June and nothing has been done with it. It will more than likely expire at the end of session.

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Are the Appendix A firearms exempt or the banned firearms?

Each time I re-read the text I'm understanding it differently. :(

Those appear to be firearms exempt from the ban. I imagine they're exempt because they're not too scary yet contain too many threatening features, and the authors of the legislation felt were too popular to ban.

Top Bottom