• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Okay everyone, the next meet and greet is going to be 2 weeks from now, July 11th (Saturday) at 7pm @ Location TBD

Last time we got some of the basics ironed out, so lets start working on more of the specifics. Judging by the poll results we're going to start off with a basic refresher course of firearms safety and basic operation with pistols, and then move on to more advanced pistol related stuff as well as more CHL and self defense related pistol usage. We will of course not be doing this at Joe's, as it will be for future meetups. ;) The main thing I want to get ironed out at this meet is sort of a game plan of specific topics to address for future meets. I already have plenty of ideas and can easily structure this on my own, though I want to make sure everyone is on the same page and get input from everyone else so that everyone is involved and is getting something they want out of this.

600 East Riverside Dr, Austin, TX - Google Maps

600 E Riverside Dr
    Austin, TX 78704

ARJ Defense ad

NewTxn

Oct 20, 2008
    Sounds good. I will try to make it.

A suggestion I have for good training in basic rifle marksmanship skills is the Appleseed Project. They have shoots one weekend every month in Davilla on a private range. It is excellent training for the $70 it costs. Women, active military, and under 21 are free.

[url]www.appleseedinfo.org[/URL]

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Absolutely! Appleseed has to be the most cost effective training out there. Only thing that sucks for me is I work pretty much every weekend. ;)

kerryp

Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Cool, I should be able to at least make it to this one,,,,,getting home from Baby A's is another story all together , good thing I am older and wiser than when I was when that place originally opened......

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Is it cool if I drop in just to say hi and drink a cold beer or two ? I don't think I'll be getting involved with the training stuff but I have always wanted to put a few faces behind all those goofy user names.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for pointing that out Hoji. Give me some time guys, I am changing the location and will have a new one posted later tonight. We're definitely not going to waste money at a place that doesn't respect our rights.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    UPDATED. The meet is now at Joe's Crab Shack off of Riverside on Town Lake. This is a pretty good-sized location. I haven't been there since the place used to be Landry's, however I think they still have seating outside on the back deck. If so, that would make for a nice place for us all to hang out and shoot the breeze. Also, since I was out doing some things, I drove by there to double check and I did not seeing any signage posted in regards to 30.06, the typical "no unlicensed firearms" sign, or anything else of the sort so it looks like this place is good to go.

pwrincross

May 24, 2009
    Pflugerville,TX
    I should be there. The wife is at a Joyce Myers conference in San Antonio but she should be back Saturday afternoon. I have a 5 yr old and will leave him with mom. He will want some mom time by then. Joe's Crab shack on Riverside is ok. I am far north but I can make it. Because of the way that Austin is laid out there is nothing really that could be considered a central location for us all to meet. No matter where you have it there is going to be a drive for someone. I cant wait to meet other gun
    enthusiast. 7pm!!!!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I am planning on showing up for a meet and greet. I work right at Barton Springs and Lamar, so I should get there early. Has anyone made a reservation ? Or, should I try to get us a table for 8 or so? Post some info here or I will PM sigfiend.

kerryp

Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    I have no idea if he made a reservation or not...I guess if you get there first you can ask them and if not, get a table for 8 or so. I think he mentioned the back deck (as long as there is some shade back there)....

Top Bottom