• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Interesting.... I know it's a legit can. I wish I could have demoed cans before buying.

I made the mistake of buying the hybrid on the count that it's 338lm rated. But, not 338lm hearing rated. It's great for hunting, taking the 1 or 2 shots, but if your going to shoot a string.... better push some earpro in.

Yeah, I don't have any illusions that any can will be non-protection ear safe @ supersonic velocities in big calibers... I just want to decrease the db levels as much as possible. Likewise, most of my shooting is done either from bipod, prone, or tripod... I don't stalk/hike/ruck much with a rifle, so weight isn't an issue, overall. Just looking for biggest bang for my $ (ok, maybe smallest bang?)
    Lynx Defense

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo

WOW! Never heard of them... but just watched a few videos, and talked with a buddy who competes in F class and some ULR stuff, and he was, "Mirage? Yeah, they're pretty cool. Duh."

Definitely one that will be in the running for a future can.

This morning, I went to the range and played with my new to me G34, then my 6.5 grendel and creedmoors... then I went to the Texas Gun Shop here in San Angelo, and ordered a Griffin Optimus, full kit, with piston, 2 5/8x24 qd muzzle brakes, and 3 different adaptors. Submitted paperwork and finger prints, etc at the same time.

And just becuase I have zero self control, also bought 2 more .22 cans: 1 is the 10/22 integrated barrel/suppressor, and the other just a cheapie they had on sale for $99.

The wait is on...

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    WOW! Never heard of them... but just watched a few videos, and talked with a buddy who competes in F class and some ULR stuff, and he was, "Mirage? Yeah, they're pretty cool. Duh."

Younggun and I were shooting at Triple C one day and met George who was shooting next to us. He invited us to tour the shop so we did and met his business partner. They are both really nice guys and build some quality shit.

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    I would place durability, the mounting system, and the POI shift way above how “quiet” a suppressor is perceived to be. None of them are technically hearing safe anyway as it is always recommended to wear hearing protection even while shooting suppressed anyway.

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Younggun and I were shooting at Triple C one day and met George who was shooting next to us. He invited us to tour the shop so we did and met his business partner. They are both really nice guys and build some quality shit.

That's very cool to hear about any high-end business owner.

I just looked up Triple C... wow. Pricey. But not many places have a functional 2000 yard range...heck, not many even have 1000.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    (Revive aging thread)

If you're talking about a 338 can for the 30s and 6s, that same concept seems to be the theme for the Bowers cans. I shot a buddy's 50 beowulf with his Bowers Vers 50 he got from us. It was like shooting 300 blackout. Granted, the can is almost 12" long. I called Bowers and said "GIMME!" and they told me to wait until the new baffle stack design was completed. But, in the meantime, they convinced me to get a Dreadnought (46 caliber; if it fits, shoot it, inc 416 Barrett, 408 Cheytac, etc). I bought a 338LM for it but haven't shot it yet. And then they sold me a Wardog. Fat short 9mm can. Haven't shot that yet either. So I think Bowers likes the "do it weird" idea. super long or super short.

Incidentally, the damn TBAC cans are so long of a wait to get (from TBAC, 6 months), I ordered 20 of them in March and got them in September. Have about 8 left. Mile High and Silencer Shop are out of them. If you find someone (especially PRS) wanting one and doesn't want to wait, let me know. Ultra 7 CB in 30 and 6.5.

Guys at CCC have been asking me to go shoot with them for a few years now. I haven't made the time, but I've sent other customers there who compete regularly now. Seems like a good operation.

Top Bottom