• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robertl1974

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    houston tx
    guys i went to the academy on west road and 45 they had the 9mm in stock even the 250ct box forgot the name the yellow bow was under $60 i need to buy a 9mm handgun the ammo is so cheap

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    guys i went to the academy on west road and 45 they had the 9mm in stock even the 250ct box forgot the name the yellow bow was under $60 i need to buy a 9mm handgun the ammo is so cheap
    That "yellow box" is UMC. Not a bad price but not as cheap as the Monarch, which is $7.99 for the blue box (laquered) or $8.99 for the green box (brass). Actually the green box was on sale for $7.99 this week.

If you are not near an Academy, Walmart has the Winchester 100 round box of 9mm FMJ for 19.90, not a bad price given the circumstances.....

sbw9056

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Katy,TX
    The slower chonograph speeds in the Browning are interesting. When we had the fun shoot, courtesy of those nice guys at Shiloh, we noticed the DSArms TP9 subgun had a fit with the Monarch but ate everything else. For the price the Monarh is hard to pass up. This was a brand new pdw and perhaps just needed a break-in.

For that price I may stop at Academy in Houston tomorrow.
    I had 2 failures to feed using Monarch in my Sig and S&W 9mm's. I haven't had any problems before. I guesss the slower velocity of the Monarch is causing this.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Wal Mart's in this area are running Blazer Brass 115 gr 9mm for $8.57 per 50 rds. Shoots fine in my XD9sc and good buy; just not always available when I go in the store. Burning up the phone lines to two stores trying to find out when next shipment arrives. Local Academy is way higher than even local gun shops on ammo.

sbw9056

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Katy,TX
    Wal Mart's in this area are running Blazer Brass 115 gr 9mm for $8.57 per 50 rds. Shoots fine in my XD9sc and good buy; just not always available when I go in the store. Burning up the phone lines to two stores trying to find out when next shipment arrives. Local Academy is way higher than even local gun shops on ammo.
    Three days ago the 9mm was $7.57. I bought 20 boxes. The 40 caliber was $12.57, so I bought out three stores, 32 boxes.

schertztx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    The Academy on 35N just outside of san antonio has very little Remington .223 left but they had someone return 13 boxes of .223 green box monarch and they had them for $8.79/ 20rnds. .40 S&W, 9mm, and .45 all seem to still be in decent supply for most different brands.

Top Bottom