• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Got the Academy add for next week in the mail today.... Monarch Green Box 9mm is gonna be 7.99 and they also have Hornady TAP in 9mm, .40 and .45 on sale.....

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The Hornady TAP comes in 20 round boxes I think... and I believe it was around $21 for a box of the .45. Still a decent price, I think I paid about 24 or 25 for the last box of it I bought....

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    The Monarch Blue Box .223 is indeed laquered steel cased. It smells horrible (like burning electrical) when fired but is accurate and feeds perfectly in my Mini-14. I have not shot it in an AR so no idea on its performance there. I dumped 4 mags worth (80 rds) into a regular old paper plate at 50yds with the iron sights as fast as I could pull the trigger when I functioned tested the ammo a while back. All rounds were on the plate so that is what I base my accuracy claim on. It is $5.29/box of 20 in College Station and they usually have 500rd bulk boxes available as well.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    How's the Monarch ammo? I bought a box of 7mm Rem Mag dirt cheap the other day just to try out. It was a lot cheaper than even the Core Lokt ammo.

The green box 9mm seems okay. I've put about 4000 rounds of it through my Glocks in the last two months since I burned up the last of my blazer beer cans that I had stocked up. Two friends and myself used it in a recent steel plate match and a GSSF match in pensecola, and didn't see a difference in accuracy or the guns function with it over anything else that we've used in the paste. It ran flawlessly in 3 differient G34s, G17s, G26s, and a 17C and a 17L. Alot of the other competitors who don't roll their own were also using it and no problems reported or seen with them using it either.

I do see that it seems a little dirtier then some other stuff I've run through my tactical tupperware, but not so much that I'm cocnerned with it.

I've only tried there 5.56/.223 stuff in the green box variety (brass case) and haven't had any trouble with it.

malladus

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    I chronographed some Monarch against some Blazer in 9mm and the Monarch was about 150 to 200 fps. slower. That was through a Browning HP.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Monarch and our Subgun

The slower chonograph speeds in the Browning are interesting. When we had the fun shoot, courtesy of those nice guys at Shiloh, we noticed the DSArms TP9 subgun had a fit with the Monarch but ate everything else. For the price the Monarh is hard to pass up. This was a brand new pdw and perhaps just needed a break-in.

For that price I may stop at Academy in Houston tomorrow.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Well the Dallas stores have a 10 box limit on the sale green box 9mm if you can find it. As of today at lunchtime the fourstores I checked:

Plano and 75
    Plano and Tollway
    35 north of George Bush
    Central Express Way and Forest

only the store on 35 north had any in stock. The Plano on 75 store was expecting a load this afternoon, the one on the tollway tomorrow, and central expressway on thursday.

They all recommended calling before you headed out.

malladus

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Well the Dallas stores have a 10 box limit on the sale green box 9mm if you can find it. As of today at lunchtime the fourstores I checked:

Plano and 75
    Plano and Tollway
    35 north of George Bush
    Central Express Way and Forest

only the store on 35 north had any in stock. The Plano on 75 store was expecting a load this afternoon, the one on the tollway tomorrow, and central expressway on thursday.

They all recommended calling before you headed out.

malladus

All the stores in San Antonio have plenty. I know because I keep going in to buy some every couple days to gett a few more boxes.

Top Bottom