Join TexasGunTalk

NFA/ATF affected by gov't shutdown?

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by locke_n_load, Sep 30, 2013.

1. locke_n_load

locke_n_load Well-Known

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Anyone know? I actually wouldn't mind a shutdown at all, unless it affects our applications... Even though our $200 "tax" should fund them plenty...
    I figure the ATF will keep running due to "national security" but wondering about NFA examiners...

2. ScorpionHunter

ScorpionHunter Active Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    I was wondering that myself. I had read that passports would still be processed by the State dept because the passport fees fund that operation. But I think our $200 just goes into a general fund, not earmarked for examiners.

3. Sugar Land

Sugar Land TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    My 60 to 90 days was up today. I will call them tomorrow and see if it goes to voicemail.

4. JimBobKelley

JimBobKelley Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    I just called and all applications have stopped being processed until the furlough is over. They are operating on minimal staff right now. They are also not giving status updates when you call in.

5. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Posted elsewhere on the dubya-dubya-dubya:

Just talked to someone over at the ATF NFA branch. The shutdown has put a hold on all transfers and status inquiries. Looks like nothing is moving until everything is up and running again.

6. ScorpionHunter

ScorpionHunter Active Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    Good to know. Thanks for posting.

7. Sugar Land

Sugar Land TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I called today and was told that they could not check on status until this is over. My 60 to 90 days was up today.

8. 1slow01Z71

1slow01Z71 Well-Known

Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Why do so many people call in for statuses? You'll get it when you get it. If theres a problem they'll contact you.

9. deemus

deemus my mama says I'm special

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I don't know but my mail just got delivered, and I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

10. matefrio

matefrio ΔΕΞΑΙ TGT Supporter