• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ready.Fire.Aim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need to get a receiver engraved for an SBR, where can I do it? Preferably Helotes/Leon Valley area of possible.

The best in the industry for NFA engraving is Ident Marking in Rockwall, Texas. See link. Laser Marking

The have done over a dozen SBR & SBS for me. I pull the trigger and have AR15 marked inside the trigger guard.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Nothing against Ident, but I have had many excellent experiences with Gray's. I use him for my personal stuff as well as for marking Dreadnaught Industries cans. Hard to beat "engraved while you wait" and his dog always seems to appreciate a new target launcher.

Alex

Vernix

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Once was Mexico.
    I'm always one to praise a job well done.
    Bill Gray is great for the NFA required work.
    His site: Firearm Engraving | Pistol Engraving | Stainless Steel Engraving

I called.
    His wife set up an appointment for the very next day.
    He's on his cattle ranch at 1604 and Sulfur Springs Rd. near Calaveras Lake southeast of San Antonio.
    Give yourself a few extra minutes and drive the lovely leisurly Sulfur Springs Rd. from I410. It's a step into the Texas past.
    When I arrived he was busily engraving a big bunch of titanium sporks for whomever commissioned such an endeavor.

Mr. Bill Gray lets you watch his meticulous (anal is his word for it) computer controlled artistry.
    Something like 30 passes with the laser gets the requisite 0.003 inch depth.
    Takes a good 1/2 hour in his little hi-tech laser room in the corner of an otherwise ordinary south Texas barn.
    He has some secret magic liquid that, in literally 3 seconds, darkens the raw bare metal to factory-like pigmentation!

He's a delight to talk to.
    He's an attentive listener and a bit of a philosopher when you get him talking.
    We chatted about lasers, cattle, Obamacare (I'm a doc), cosmology, spirituality, stupid gun owners, geology, PETA cow huggers.....etc.
    Ladies be aware.....his "bathroom" is behind the tractor of your choosing.
    A delightful guy and a satisfying morning well spent.
    55$ plus tax. About $180 for the three SBRs I had done.

His feedback around the internet on work shipped to him is exemplary but if you can visit him and witness his photon mediated magic it's fascinating and well worth it!

V

Last edited:

plasman

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    San Antonio
    Pipe's Dreams, on Bandera Rd (just outside 1604) has a laser and has done work for me. Talk to Joe Paciencia (Ret. Army) - good guy. He has a website.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Removed

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"

Last edited:

Shooter74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    Gray Laser. Called this morning and set me up for one hour later. Had my four year old daughter and she wanted to see the cows. Mr. Gray showed her and had my engraving done within the hour.
    Great service, fast and a great guy to talk to.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Another positive experience for Gray Laser. Made the drive yesterday and was in and out in less than 30 minutes, not that I would've minded being there longer.

It was a pleasure talking to Mr.Gray and watching him work, gotta admit I was a little about the polymer on the Scorpion, but it turned out just as good as the AR lower.
    Price was just under $65 per engraving w/tax.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I use Gray's. It's worth the drive in my opinion. I live in Helotes, though, so I'm interested in Pipe's Dreams as posted above.

Top Bottom