• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gpz1100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX
    Sheriff Jesse Wolfe, Woodville, Tyler Co

Unfortunately Sheriff Jesse didn't get the democratic nomination. The person that did, Constable Terry Riley, is reported to have said he will not sign a form 4. The Republican nominee, David Hennigan, is an unknown on this. Guess I'll be finding soon enough...

AviatorDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Anyone in Dallas/Plano/Richardson area? I've been doing everything as a corporate transfer, but it might be nice to do some in my name if possible.

dane421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    I don't know how current this info is but I hope this helps

1. Greg Hamilton, Sheriff, Travis County, Texas. He has signed off for all Title II firearms.

2. James Wilson, Sheriff, Williamson County. He is the newly appointed Sheriff that replaced former
    Sheriff Jim Wilson. Rumor is he is not signing off on suppressors anymore.

3. Allen Bridges, Sheriff, Hays County. His predecessor (Don Montague) has signed for Machine Guns,
    SBR, SBS, AOW, and suppressors, there is currently no reason to believe he will not do otherwise.

4. Larry Olivarez, Sheriff, Nueces County. He has signed for all Title II firearms.

5. William Elsbury, Sheriff, Blanco County. He has signed for Machine Guns. Unknown about the rest.

6. David Morgan, Chief of Police, City of Georgetown. He has signed for suppressors. Unknown about
    the rest.

7. Bryan Williams, Chief of Police, City of Round Rock. He does sign for Machine Guns, SBS, SBR, and
    AOW.

8. Richard Hernandez, Sheriff, Bastrop County. Has signed for suppressors.

9. Daniel Law, Sheriff, Caldwell County. Has signed for suppressors and short barreled firearms.

10. Gary W. Adams, Chief of Police, City of University Park. Has signed for suppressors.

11. Steve Starr, Chief of Police, City of Schertz. Has signed off for LEO's for suppressors.

The following do NOT sign:
    1. Cathy Ellison, Acting Chief of Police, City of Austin.
    2. Albert Ortiz, Chief of Police, City of San Antonio.
    3. Harold Hurtt, Chief of Police, Houston, Texas.
    4. Tommy Thomas, Sheriff, Harris County, Texas.
    5. Ralph Lopez, Sheriff, Bexar County, Texas

jimmy-buffett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Benny Parkey, Sheriff of Denton Co has signed two Form 4's for me with no problems. I got in touch with him via e-mail on the county's website. He does a background check and takes about a month to get the forms done.

Waylan Rhodes, Chief of Police of Little Elm, TX (my home town) refused to sign the form whenever I contacted him via e-mail.

David

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Benny Parkey will sign any NFA Form. 2 weeks turn around time as he copies and does his own checks.

DA Paul Johnson and Denton Chief of Police will not sign.

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    As far as I know, there are no CLEOs in the DFW area who will sign. My last 3 Form 4s were signed by a federal judge (who does not want his name spread around), and that was quite a few years ago.

flashguy

byronw999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Grand Prairie, Texas USA!
    Dallas County Sherriff Valdez will not sign.. She told my Xfer FFL " People dont need that kind of stuff" Voted against her she still got back in I see..

The Tarrant Co sheriff will sign my ffl says... My Grand Prairie Police Chief signed mine for my silencer but started being a real liberal puke when I tried to get a sbr...

Got a trust setup now so they can all just kiss my donkey..

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    As far as I know, there are no CLEOs in the DFW area who will sign. My last 3 Form 4s were signed by a federal judge (who does not want his name spread around), and that was quite a few years ago.

flashguy

Lots of CLEOs sign in DFW Area. Several have already been named. Dallas County is the only one that is a problem.

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I guess I just don't realize where a lot of those places are. I live in Dallas County, as do probably at least 1/3 of all people in the DFW area. In fact, I had been under the impression that Tarrant County and Collin County also refused to sign Form 4s. Are the CLEOs you refer to the local small town police chiefs?

flashguy

bozack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    Pflugerville, TX
    so is everyone going the trust and/or incorporated route?

I thought I could get away from some reason that SBR registration was different and need to put a stock on my Sig 556 pistols....

byronw999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Grand Prairie, Texas USA!
    I went the trust route cause I was tired of messing with scaredy pants CLEOS that are worried what the media will do if they find out about them signing after I've gone insane and killed 10,000 people..

My xfer ffl did it for me and it works great.. My SBR stamp should be here in a week or so.. Woulda been here a week or so back but I had a couple errors on the form...

Just a FYI to save anyone wasted time. If you want to do a multi caliber AR put just 1 choice in the space for Caliber.. Any other choices you can put in part H under other info... I know some folks havent had any probs but the ATF person working on mine wanted it that way and sent it back to me to fix..

so is everyone going the trust and/or incorporated route?

I thought I could get away from some reason that SBR registration was different and need to put a stock on my Sig 556 pistols....

Colt 70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston
    Does anyone know about Fort Bend County (Milton Wright)? I have heard that he will sign on a case by case basis, even if you pass the background check. Not sure if this is right.

Echo_5_Golf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    San Antonio
    Hello All, anyone from SA here know if these two fine CLEOs are signing off for SBR's? Just moved back to SA from California and have ALOT of catching up to do.

Albert Ortiz, Chief of Police, City of San Antonio.
    Ralph Lopez, Sheriff, Bexar County, Texas

thanks much in advance.

Mot45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Ed Cain, Hardin Co Sheriff will not sign, unless you are part of the good ol' boy network or he is up for re-election.

p99guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Haslet

flashguy

The Sheriff Dee Anderson of Tarrant County is totally pro gun and will go through the NFA proceedure without batting an eye...you just call his secretary and go in person to drop your paperwork off to her and they mail it back to you. No muss, fuss , or bs..

But in Texas a CLEO being a butthead will not slow you down so much as one day...get a revokable trust set up and take them totally out of the process.
    Its no longer up to them and thier personal opinions.

Top Bottom