• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Now that the rush is over with them getting over the backlog of the Craze from March until July of last year, are we expecting wait times to drop pretty drastically? I saw some people who set up in May waited 390 days.
    Capitol Armory ad

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Now that the rush is over with them getting over the backlog of the Craze from March until July of last year, are we expecting wait times to drop pretty drastically? I saw some people who set up in May waited 390 days.
    I sure hope so but I don't have any evidence yet.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I want to get a rimfire silencer for a SWMp22 and MP15-22 but I am not keen on waiting a year after buying something. Blame being a millenial (1981) and my need for instant gratification.. Also, as a libertarian, a 200 dollar tax stamp kind of burns my rear.. but I really want one.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Wait times seem to be holding steady at 360-390 days. They might drop but I doubt you will see anything any time soon. There is a steady stream of silencers being purchased and that is driving the wait times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So how long have you been wanting a suppressor ? over a year LOL :)

Just get it and forget about it till they tell you your approved. And if you get one then another the next month and then another soon you will only be waiting a month for each one.

I want to get a rimfire silencer for a SWMp22 and MP15-22 but I am not keen on waiting a year after buying something. Blame being a millenial (1981) and my need for instant gratification.. Also, as a libertarian, a 200 dollar tax stamp kind of burns my rear.. but I really want one.

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    Waiting until wait times are faster doesn't usually work out well. If you wait 5 months for a "5 month wait" you would have already had the can before you 'bought it'. Wait times aren't what people see NOW, but what they were in the past when no one had any idea. They drop to 3 months, a bunch of people buy, and they go up to 6. Think of it like this... if you live 2 hours away from a city. Rush hour traffic is 7am-8am. If you leave at 5-6, you'll hit rush hour even though it was "fast" at your moment of departure. If you leave at 7-8, you'll breeze through since it will be over by the time you get there.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I sent a form 4 in November last year and got the Stamp last week.........right at 9 months.....give or take a few days...

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wait times seem to be holding steady at 360-390 days. They might drop but I doubt you will see anything any time soon. There is a steady stream of silencers being purchased and that is driving the wait times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The call I got today......papers took about 180 days.

BTW if you cannot appreciate The Pentatonics a Capella voices you have shot too many unsuppressed firearms.

:)

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I believe they are taking closer looks at trusts and even have read that they go before an ATF attorney, I do not know if that is true but its why individual papers are coming though faster.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My guess is his was individual and yours are Trusts.

Yup.
    Mine were individual.
    Interesting that multi-person trusts might take longer.

And to be more precise.....
    Mine were signed by me 5/8/17
    ATF approval was 10/18/17

5 months and 10 days

Shot 8 rounds out of my .338 Lapua this morning alternating suppressed and unsuppressed.
    What a wonderful difference!!

Shot one (and ONLY one) with no suppressor and no factory muzzle brake. Wham! Recoil!

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I got a can on a trust about two weeks ago...after almost exactly 12 months. So, trusts filed in Nov 2016 aren't going any faster.

Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    I have a silencer and another SBR done 9/4/2017. I am pretty sure I won’t see them until June 2018.
    The BATFE put out they want to get the times down to less than a month. That’s their stated goal. They are using an interim goal of three months but want to eventually get it down to one month. I give that a snowballs chance in a much warmer place south of here taking place.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom