• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootWhenICan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Houston
    What could be the legitimate purpose for such a rule, except to disarm possible protection?
    We've seen what happens in gun-free zones, now they're adding this on the list.

[h=2]New NFL Policy To Forbid Off-Duty Law Enforcement From Carrying Firearms Into NFL Stadiums[/h]

Via The Blaze:
    A new NFL policy reportedly prohibits all law enforcement personnel from carrying their firearms into all NFL stadiums.
    Police in Cleveland, Ohio said they received an internal member on September 11 from the NFL that said all off-duty federal, state and local members of law enforcement would not be allowed entry into NFL facilities if they attempt to bring their gun with them, according to Fox affiliate WJW.
    An NFL spokesperson did not immediately return multiple requests for comment Sunday.
    However, according to Cleveland.com, a spokesman explained that the new policy was implemented after deciding it would best enhance the gameday experience.
    The Cleveland Police Patrolman’s Association (CPPA) appeared to oppose the new policy, telling WJW officers do not like to disarm themselves.
    “A police officer is never happy to give up his service weapon, especially when we have the right to carry it, you know, 24 hours 7 days a week and we’re upheld by our oath too to protect and serve the public on or off duty,” said Jeff Follmer, president of the CPPA.
    “We are police officers 24/7,” Follmer added to Cleveland.com. “I don’t know why anyone would want to disarm a police officer.”

Texas SOT

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The Brain must be engaged before making laws not conducive to the peace and harmony of Citizens. Who can predict the murder and mayhem an armed off duty peace officer may not be allowed to prevent by this stupid law contrived by that tribe of firearm haters ? Disregarding political parties and liberal vs. conservative tags, this nation today consists of two types lawmakers and voters, they without common sense and without gonads and they who know right from wrong and whom love and support the Constitution of our Nation, namely the 2nd Amendment of same !

Trung Si

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Hill County
    The NFL is getting so politically correct lately, it's making me sick to my stomach, not only with decisions like this, but others which would be off topic to discuss here.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    HEY, psssst, Mohammed, did you hear the NFL is not allowing LEO's to carry guns into football stadiums, wow man, get your buddies from Al Qaeda there is a nearly 100,000 unarmed and now unprotected American 'satans' and you guys can run loose and free.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Because there will be no security at all......

Seriously, I don't like the idea of disarming anyone, including off duty cops. I also bony think it should be an NFL decision. As far as property owners go, I'm not all that fond of anyone who thinks any law abiding citizen should be disarmed but I believe property rights trump my opinion on the subject. (Already discussed in the other thread).

Just a dumb move by the NFL that we find stupid and will have zero effect on how much money they make.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Who owns these stadiums?
    I recall bond elections being involved in Arlington.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Who owns these stadiums?
    I recall bond elections being involved in Arlington.

I believe a large portion was tax payer funded. Not sure what kind of returns they get besides local spending at businesses.

Don't track that stuff real close but read somewhere the city is having to pay to rename a bunch of roads due to a contract with AT&T sponsoring the stadium or some crap.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Because there will be no security at all......

Seriously, I don't like the idea of disarming anyone, including off duty cops. I also bony think it should be an NFL decision. As far as property owners go, I'm not all that fond of anyone who thinks any law abiding citizen should be disarmed but I believe property rights trump my opinion on the subject. (Already discussed in the other thread).

Just a dumb move by the NFL that we find stupid and will have zero effect on how much money they make.
    It shows that the NFL is being run by either aspiring or past elementary schools principals...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Doesn't matter who owns them. LEOs are not under penal code 30.06. And under 30.05, they cannot be restricted based on the handgun, in Texas.

I was inferring that the NFL may not have a right to allow or disallow firearms at the stadium.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    A lot of companies are glad to pay armed cops to protect their property. The NFL bans armed cops who pay to be there.

Dumbasses.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I have no problem with the NFL policy. Especially in Chicago, NY, NJ, or DC. and in Cali too. Off duty, to me means off duty and not with rights that us common folk don't have. Equal protection under the law or form the law or whatever.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What could be the legitimate purpose for such a rule, except to disarm possible protection?
    We've seen what happens in gun-free zones, now they're adding this on the list.

Same reason they cannot carry on planes, into White House or other off-limits without special permission places.

NFL games are not gun-free zones, they is a huge armed presence, you just do not see it.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    I have no problem with the NFL policy. Especially in Chicago, NY, NJ, or DC. and in Cali too. Off duty, to me means off duty and not with rights that us common folk don't have. Equal protection under the law or form the law or whatever.

Obviously, you don't have a clue what cops do and why cops are encouraged to carry 24/7. Armed off-duty cops aren't the same as citizens allowed to CCW; most people know that. Permits aren't passed out to give citizens equal status; on most departments, police are mandated to take action when they observe a serious crime in progress. Being armed tends to equal the playing field when you have to act. Most policemen have arrested people or stopped more than one crime in progress off-duty during their career. Cops also tend to run into bad guys they've arrested previously; I have more than once. Luckily, what you consider "off-duty" is irrelevant, as well as misinformed. "Equal protection" has nothing to do with it, but I suspect you know that already.
    Bob

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

As stated in the other thread about the same topic:

Actually in Texas that is not true. Off duty officers can carry in all the places you cannot under penal codes 46.03 and 46.035. Off duty officers are not restricted to concealed carry. Off duty officers are not subject to 30.06, and under the standard trespass law, penal code 30.05, the law does not apply to peace offiicers, whether on or off duty, in regards to the firearm.

The "power" of off duty officers is not imagined. Their off duty powers are the same as on duty.

Why do you state,
    Especially in Chicago, NY, NJ, or DC. and in Cali
    ???

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Yea lets keep out trained people from carrying to an event that could possibly stop someone from killing inocent people. I see the logic of that...NOT.

Top Bottom