NFL to play black national anthem

SURVIVOR619

Dec 31, 2017
US
I really wish that Texas would secede from the union,and then kick everyone that isn't a Native Texan out of the state the very next day.

Let's just start everything over!
I agree with Texas seceeding; however, I'd argue that although I (and many, many others) am not a native Texan, I am the kind of citizen you'd want in 'your' state compared to many native Texans who give two s#its about the principles of freedom and liberty.

studenygreg

Well-Known
Oct 7, 2015
I didn't know there was a black nation. I thought a nation was a place and didn't depend on the color of peoples skin.

nation

noun

Save Word

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

na·tion | \ ˈnā-shən \

Definition of nation

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a(1): NATIONALITY sense 5athree Slav peoples … forged into a Yugoslavia without really fusing into a Yugoslav nation— Hans Kohn

(2): a politically organized nationality

(3)in the Bible : a non-Jewish nationalitywhy do the nations conspire— Psalms 2:1 (Revised Standard Version)

b: a community of people composed of one or more nationalities and possessing a more or less defined territory and governmentCanada is a nation with a written constitution— B. K. Sandwell

c: a territorial division containing a body of people of one or more nationalities and usually characterized by relatively large size and independent statusa nation of vast size with a small population— Mary K. Hammond

2archaic : GROUP, AGGREGATION

3: a tribe or federation of tribes (as of American Indians)the Seminole Nation in Oklahoma

Nation
biographical name

Na·tion | \ ˈnā-shən \

Definition of Nation (Entry 2 of 2)

Car*ry \ ˈker-ē , ˈka-rē \ Amelia 1846–1911 née Moore American temperance agitator

SynonymsMore Example SentencesLearn More about nation

Keep scrolling for more

Synonyms for nation

Synonyms: Noun

commonwealth,

country,

land,

sovereignty

(also sovranty),

state

Examples of nation in a Sentence

Noun It's one of the richest nations in the world. the largest state

First Known Use of nation

Noun
14th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1a(1)

History and Etymology for nation

Noun
Middle English nacioun, from Anglo-French naciun, from Latin nation-, natio birth, race, nation, from nasci to be born; akin to Latin gignere to beget — more at KIN

Keep scrolling for more

Learn More about nation

Share nation

Post the Definition of nation to FacebookShare the Definition of nation on Twitter

Time Traveler for nation

The first known use of nation was in the 14th century

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dsgrey

Oct 25, 2015
Denton County
They can play what they want, I stopped watching NFL a few years ago. When businesses and especially their employees publicly weigh in on political or social issues then they should expect positive AND negative feedback from the consumer. Every company I've worked would have terminated me for openly expressing my views on company time or as a representative for that company.

Athletes and actors exist for my entertainment. Once they go beyond being an entertainer, I lose interest.

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
I could see this happening 100 years or so ago but now days it would be more like a Lil wayne or Drake song. Becoming less and less a fan of big time sports. I really don't care, just seems like an attention and money grab tactic.
After 20+ years of playing fantasy football, and longer following the league, I’m done.

This is a sport where:
70% of the league is black.
Players get 48% of league profits.
Minimum salary is $500k.
...with the gall to lecture me on racial injustice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members