Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Jesse Jackson Apologizes for Crude Obama Remarks

by FOXNews.com
    Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Rev. Jesse Jackson apologized Wednesday for saying Barack Obama is “talking down to black people” during what Jackson thought was a private conversation before a FOX News interview Sunday.​

Jackson was speaking to a guest at the time about Obama’s speeches in black churches and his support for faith-based charities. Jackson added before going live, “I want to cut his nuts off.”​

His microphone picked up the remarks.​

At a hastily arranged news conference Wednesday evening in Chicago, Jackson said he supports Obama “unequivocally” and that he hopes to “get this behind me.”​

“I have great passion for this campaign and traveled across the country … arguing the case for the campaign,” Jackson said. “And this thing I said in a hot-mic statement that’s interpreted as a distraction, I offer apology for that. I don’t want harm or hurt to come to this campaign.”

He said, “They were hurtful and wrong … but we have a relationship that can survive this.”​

Jackson said in a written statement he was trying to emphasize that Obama’s moral message should “not only deal with the personal and moral responsibility of black males, but to deal with the collective moral responsibility of government and the public policy.”​

Jackson said the conversation “does not reflect any disparagement on my part for the historic event in which we are involved or my pride in Senator Barack Obama, who is leading it, whom I have supported by crisscrossing this nation in every level of media and audience from the beginning in absolute terms.”​

Jackson told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he doesn’t remember exactly what he said Sunday but that he was “very sorry” for his comments about Obama. He called his comments “a side light in a broader conversation about urban disparities.”​

Jackson said he has called Obama’s campaign to apologize.​

Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton noted that the Illinois senator grew up without his father and has spoken and written at length about the issues of parental responsibility and fathers participating in their children’s lives, and of society’s obligation to provide “jobs, justice and opportunity for all.​

“He will continue to speak out about our responsibilities to ourselves and each other, and he of course accepts Reverend Jackson’s apology,” Burton said.​

Jackson’s comments sparked something of a family feud. His son, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., said he was disappointed by his father’s “reckless statements.”​

“His divisive and demeaning comments about the presumptive Democratic nominee — and I believe the next president of the United States — contradict his inspiring and courageous career,” the younger Jackson said.​

The comments are not the first the elder Jackson has had to explain after believing he was off the record.​

In 1984, he called New York City “Hymietown,” referring to the city’s large Jewish population. He later acknowledged it was wrong to use the term, but said he did so in private to a reporter.​
    Gun Zone Deals

BeNotAfraid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Red River, Texas
    Jesse Jackson & Co.=worst "race-hustlers" in America!

shake-down artists of the first degree.

they have become just like Yassar Arafat---bilking companies out of $$$ millions, enriching themselves, setting up fiefdoms and empires, but not helping "their own." (notice what I said: "their own.")

they all scream: "Equal rights," but it's "extra-ordinary rights" if by chance your skin is black. a chance of birth=special treatment??? thus, their whole initial premise is false.

like most criminals, they want "special" or "preferred" treatment. according to these types, we are all NOT EQUAL. THEY are more equal than YOU.

Yassar Arrafat was the "point guy" for the lowly "Palestinians," who in 1947 started out living in squalor. After Billions of UN, USA, European $$$$ were given to him, his Swiss bank accounts are mighty fat. His wife and kids live in a plush pent-house suite in Paris, France! Fast forward--2008--Palestinians STILL living in squalor!

HELLO! Sound like Jesse Jackson & Co. Since "The Reverend" was married in 1963, but he has fathered at least one child out-of-wedlock, and paid more than $35,000.00 to his 39 year old "side-squeeze" for "relocation and consulting services." Right!

What benefit has Jackson & Co. got for "his own?" None that I can find. He has generated a mountain of resentment and ill-will from non-African Americans by his actions and a false sense of entitlement to African-Americans.

"Jesse!" nobody owes you anything! Just like nobody owes me anything!

This guy and his outfit would have been arrested and jailed years ago in America for "protection racket" charges or "attempted robbery" with his: "Whitey gotta do this for us, or else we'll hold our breath and turn blue," at best, or "Do this for black people or we'll riot in the streets" at worst.

Al Capone pulled these stunts in Jackson's back yard-Chicago in the 1920's. "Pay up" or my goon-squad will pay ya a visit some midnight!

Just shows you how far we have come from common sense and decency.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You know, I used to have great respect for Jesse Jackson. The more he does and talks, the more he just seems to have become little more than a mouthpiece for reverse racism. Seeing racism and discrimination, hatred, evil, etc lurking around every corner is a little bit messed up, and is possibly a sign of a mental disorder. From what I've seen and experienced in my own life, things have improved drastically in this country over the past 50yrs as far as the whole racism and discrimination thing goes. True, that stuff is still out there but, it's not nearly as serious as it used to be. I don't care of what ethnicity someone is in this country. Regardless of someone's heritage, the greatest part about this country is if someone truly wants to become successful and/or accomplish something, and if they have the perseverance to keep working towards that goal, this country has plenty of opportunity for pretty much anyone to do so. I mean just take a look at people like Stephen Hawking. There simply is almost no one anymore that can honestly say things are too hard for them or they didn't have the opportunity, someone was keeping them down, etc. Most people subscribing to those excuses usually aren't trying hard enough.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Al Sharpton, Quannel X, and Jesse Jackson are not out there to support the honest, hard-working black community. They are out there to gain entitlement for the rest through empowering themselves and lining their coffers. Many people turn a blind-eye because they have something to gain from it, or simply do not care.

Everyone has to deal with race issues, and this certainly isn't alleviating any of the tension or problems.

Top Bottom