Patriot Mobile

Texas is going RED with these candidates.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    You'd be right! My "no response" contributed, no doubt, to the proliferation of this invasion of privacy. Won't happen again.
    I didn't mean to shame you by the suggestion, at all. Your "no answer" at least told them something.
    I just think my new motto is "Confront nonsense immediately and decisively".
    Gun Zone Deals

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    I get riled up about the mental retards owning guns....Crenshaw wants to go after ONLY the mental retards and protect the average Joe's 2A rights and not have our guns taken away.

Just who do you think should determine that someone is a “mental retard”?

Ever hear the phrase ”gun nut”?

There are a lot of people in this country that firmly believe that our interest in firearms is absolute proof of mental retardation! And thus reason enough to disarm us.

OldFart81

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Barn, SE San Antonio
    Just who do you think should determine that someone is a “mental retard”?

Ever hear the phrase ”gun nut”?

There are a lot of people in this country that firmly believe that our interest in firearms is absolute proof of mental retardation! And thus reason enough to disarm us.
    It is at the federal and state levels that should determine....and if you vote for any liberals then our 2a is gone...so far gov Abbott and Dan Patrick won't let that happen.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    That is why I'm voting for Crenshaw as he said to fix the Red Flag law the Tx legislature must ensure that not only the dangerous metal retards are disarmed, but that they are disarmed through a fair process that prevents non-dangerous individuals from inadvertently losing their Second Amendment rights as well.
    There is no fair process because there is no due process. They come take your guns, then it's up to you prove you did nothing wrong. Anyone can call a red flag on you. Your angry neighbor, your angry ex, your angry girl friend. It's a guilty until proven innocent situation.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Diametrically opposed and irreconcilable legal points. A law, who's very existence is to specifically confiscate private property before any law has been broken and yet insure an individual is still considered innocent before proven guilty of having broken no law. Belated promises to do no harm is not 'due process'... and worse yet, are prime candidates for abuse by future generations.

Crenshaw says he's concerned about future, wider legal expansion of Red Flag laws. Does he not understand even consideration of such a law is already an expansion of, "shall not be infringed"?

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yeah, not sure why there was the need to post one in the "politics" thread and the same one in the "off topic chat" thread.

While I sincerely understand the desire to keep guns out of the hands of violently mentally ill persons, I'm just not sure who we can trust to make that call (or when). Certainly our medical science isn't there yet - maybe, one day it will be. But I suspect when that day arrives, we'll also have the ability to cure the mental illness itself. In the meanwhile, I remain highly skeptical of Crenshaw's comments and position. He says he just wants to "have a conversation" on the topic. IMO, that's just code words for: how can we pass this further infringement on your Rights?

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    How dare ya'll infringe upon ones right to start multiple threads on the same topic!

Ya'll are just wannabe moderators!

ETA: /s

Last edited:

OldFart81

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Barn, SE San Antonio
    There is no fair process because there is no due process. They come take your guns, then it's up to you prove you did nothing wrong. Anyone can call a red flag on you. Your angry neighbor, your angry ex, your angry girl friend. It's a guilty until proven innocent situation.
    Not in Texas....Abbott won't let that happen...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    That is why I'm voting for Crenshaw as he said to fix the Red Flag law the Tx legislature must ensure that not only the dangerous metal retards are disarmed, but that they are disarmed through a fair process that prevents non-dangerous individuals from inadvertently losing their Second Amendment rights as well.

So let me ask you this question. Exactly who is doing the determination, of who is mentally defective and dangerous with a gun?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It is at the federal and state levels that should determine....and if you vote for any liberals then our 2a is gone...so far gov Abbott and Dan Patrick won't let that happen.

That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have heard today!

Comes right ahead of, "I'm from the the Government, and I'm here to help."

You want some red flag laws? Move to California! Keep them the hell out of Texas!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Like I said, a bridge too far.

Waste no more time on the mental rerard.

Not retrarded you say?

We'll have a hearing in 6 months and you can go bankrupt trying to prove it.

Till then you're a mental retard. Shut up you have no say in the matter you retard. I want everything sharp pointy and goes boom. Your reputation and job too.

I dont care you're a mental rerard, the secret accuser wisperd so.

ETA if you think the government can infringe on your rights in a fair and equitable way you really are a mental retard.

OldFart81

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Barn, SE San Antonio
    That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have heard today!

Comes right ahead of, "I'm from the the Government, and I'm here to help."

You want some red flag laws? Move to California! Keep them the hell out of Texas!
    As long as one ensures not just that dangerous metal retards are disarmed, but that they are disarmed through a fair process that prevents non-dangerous individuals from inadvertently losing their Second Amendment rights as well....That's my stance and I ain't moving to no fguckin California....

Top Bottom