• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    I have 14 acres and my own range in Bandera county.Does anybody know where I can find info on weather or not I'm allowed to shoot at night?
    Capitol Armory ad

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    Do your neighbors like you? LOL. Depending on what you are shooting and how close your neighbors are you might not be making any friends.

I live on 41 acres and have several ranges set up. I shoot all the time during the day. My border patrol buddy and I ware testing flash hiders at night, shot maybe 30 rounds, you would have thought we started a full on war to hear the neighbors talk about it.

Can you do it? Sure. Good idea? Up to you!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol, that's why I love the road I live on.

I've told people there is a reason you don't see gangs in the rural areas. We don't put up with that shit.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Isnt there a land req. for shooting centerfire rifles? There was a thread on it a while back saying 50 acres minimum for centerfire rifles.

If youre shooting safely, it wouldnt matter anyway, just thought there was an acreage req... :p

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    As far as I know, it just has to be at least 10 acres and outside of city limits. Otherwise, I think you just need to get a permit. If you're in city limits, permits can be pretty hard to get but if the land amount is your only problem, they shouldn't be too difficult to get I wouldn't think.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Every county is different. Most don't have a minimum land requirement or a permit required (permit? WTF?) but they do state that you can't shoot within so many feet of a property line and your shot can't cross a property line or a navigable waterway. Unless you're in the city, in which case there's all kinds of rules and regulations to watch out for.

Go to your county's website to look up local ordnances - you should be able to find them within a few minutes.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I have 14 acres and my own range in Bandera county.Does anybody know where I can find info on whether [corrected] or not I'm allowed to shoot at night?

It's not a question of whether or not you can shoot at night. If you can shoot, you can do it whenever you wish. I did some digging for you on my lunch break and called the Bandera County Commissioners' Court, the County Clerk, and the Sheriff. They all said the same thing: 10 acres or more and you're good to go.

Specifically, I spoke with Doyle Haner at the Court, Deputy Clerk Sherry Martin, and Sheriff's Deputy Ferniz. The constable in your precinct is Phillip Tobin, but his wife said he was unavailable when I called the number listed (I think he was taking a nap!).

So can I bring my new 10/22 out there now? :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's not a question of whether or not you can shoot at night. If you can shoot, you can do it whenever you wish. I did some digging for you on my lunch break and called the Bandera County Commissioners' Court, the County Clerk, and the Sheriff. They all said the same thing: 10 acres or more and you're good to go.

Specifically, I spoke with Doyle Haner at the Court, Deputy Clerk Sherry Martin, and Sheriff's Deputy Ferniz. The constable in your precinct is Phillip Tobin, but his wife said he was unavailable when I called the number listed (I think he was taking a nap!).

So can I bring my new 10/22 out there now?

Thats their jurisdiction. That doesn't apply to other county's. they just want u to be safe. Clear your back stop, and u can hunt most anywhere at night.

Get you a lamp for your head, mount a light on the rifle. When u spot prey with the head lamp, flip the rifle light on and send the critter straight to Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Thats their jurisdiction. That doesn't apply to other counties [corrected]. they just want u to be safe. Clear your back stop, and u can hunt most anywhere at night.

The property in question is in Bandera County. The above-mentioned public servants have jurisdiction in Bandera county. How is what you are posting helpful or relevant?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The property in question is in Bandera County. The above-mentioned public servants have jurisdiction in Bandera county. How is what you are posting helpful or relevant?

35, whatever pissed u off over on THF. leave it there. This isn't the place to be pissy. It's friendly on here. So please get the grit out the cooter and relax.

And thanks for the spell check. Thats was nice of you.

Last edited:

proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    Woo Hoo shot last night till about 10:00 both neighbors waved hi this morning on the way to work so I guess alls well.
    Just FYI muzzle flash is an issue for quick follow up shots ,TLR was plenty of light.If shooting with a pistol light night sights are not as important.
    Thanks for all the advice .

Top Bottom