• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I prefer the Meprolights green/green myself. I've tried a couple of different brands and styles but always go back to the Mepros. The dots are a little bigger (which is easier for me to see) and clearer than other's I've tried. The Trijicon's are clear but the dots are too small for me. I've also tried the TruGlo night sights which I really didn't like. The dots where not clear, too small (looked more like just white dots) and the front dot was way off center in the front site post.

So now every one of my carry guns has the green/green Mepros installed on them.

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    Any preference no which brand of night sights to buy for my Glock 27? What color? Front and rear or just the front?

I have Meprolights Rear:Green 2 Dot, Front:Green 1 Dot on my Glock 27. I have Trijicon Rear:Green 2 Dot, Front:Green 1 Dot on my Glock 22. I had Glock Factory NS Rear:Green 2 Dot, Front:Green 1 Dot on my Glock 26.

IMO the Meprolights are larger dots and wayyy brighter. As for the color it doesn't really matter, but I would like to check out the different color front than rear version.

Mate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Houston
    I know for me, having front green and rear green can get kinda confusing when shooting. You might want to look into a green front and yellow rear. Maybe something like this -

warren-mp-ns.jpg

I've found I like this setup the best.

Scott_F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    CSTX
    Meps are what Glocks use as their factory offering. Hard to go wrong. I recently used a discount code on the Ameriglo site and put their sights on my two Sigs. Very nice sights. And, they were relatively cheap.

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    Meps are what Glocks use as their factory offering. Hard to go wrong. I recently used a discount code on the Ameriglo site and put their sights on my two Sigs. Very nice sights. And, they were relatively cheap.

I'm sorry, but I'll have to disagree unless Meprolight gives Glock Inc. a really CHEAP version of their Night Sights. I had Glock NS on my G26 and I have Meprolight NS on my G27. They are nothing a like!!!

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    For those of you that didn't buy the guns with the night sights already installed, did you change them out yourself or have a smith do it for it for you?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I think Glock uses their own in house brand or you can order them with trijicon night sights. I'm not sure tho.

Mine has Trijicon. . . . . . I just asked for nightsights. . . it was what they had at the gun show. I'm happy with mine, though I do wish the front and rear sights were a bit different.

Fisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    I have had real good success with Trijicons (green). I have a set that has held up will for at least over twelve years and still in pretty good shape.

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I know for me, having front green and rear green can get kinda confusing when shooting. You might want to look into a green front and yellow rear. Maybe something like this -

warren-mp-ns.jpg

I've found I like this setup the best.

How much was that setup and where did you buy? I like the 2-dot system and it's between yours and the Heinie Straight 8 Slant pros for my P30.

Top Bottom