• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vvllbs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Can't afford night vision, looking to upgrade beyond my "Kill Light" green light for hogs that mounts either on top of your scope or under your barrel. This will mainly be used for my 70 year old father to take care of hogs tearing up his ranch. I'm building him a 300 BO AR15, he wants optics at this point but doesn't like the KillLight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Can't afford night vision, looking to upgrade beyond my "Kill Light" green light for hogs that mounts either on top of your scope or under your barrel. This will mainly be used for my 70 year old father to take care of hogs tearing up his ranch. I'm building him a 300 BO AR15, he wants optics at this point but doesn't like the KillLight.

Invite me to take you and pops hunting with some entry level ($1899) thermal scopes. After you see what they can do you will live on rice and beans or sell crap you don't need until you've saved up. Thermal is a total game changer.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've got an X-sight with a Wicked Lights IR light.

Depending on the person, it may or may not be something he finds appealing. The focus can be a little stiff also. And it's HEAVY.

I've also had good results using a green Wicked Lights flashlight mounted on a scope with illuminated red reticle.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Invite me to take you and pops hunting with some entry level ($1899) thermal scopes. After you see what they can do you will live on rice and beans or sell crap you don't need until you've saved up. Thermal is a total game changer.

I desperately need one of these.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I have to agree with this. Thermal is a game changer. I here they are buying kidneys . . .

downrangethermal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2015

We often sell our used demo thermal scopes at very attractive prices. We currently have a few. Give me a call 512-699-9510 if you'd like to talk.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    .......I've got an X-sight with a Wicked Lights IR light..........

The X-sight is darn good but you MUST buy a good IR illuminator or it's mediocre bad.
    A bit of a learning curve to use but the new gen is well executed.

What SC, above says, is true.
    Even entry level thermal IR is a game changer. ~$2,000 entry level. Unless you can buy one do NOT look through them. They will ruin you.

Some may disagree but don't even mess with image intensification NV. My AN-PVS-14 was just pitiful by comparison compared after I got an IR thermal and the kidney donation scar has healed quite well.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If he's in his 70's... He's probably looking for a light weight set-up?
    If you can't afford thermal. I'd look at this. Predator Tactics http://www.predatortactics.us/coyote-night-hunting-lights-reaper-xxl/ The light comes with a rail mount. Add a good scope with a big objective and illuminated reticle.

I had an armasight vampire 3x core that I was extremely happy with. Down fall was it was heavy. Fine if your shooting off a bi-pod though. Hogs were easily shoot able at 300yrds with it.

Top Bottom