• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Does anyone know if there is a place to rent a night vision scope? I have tried to google it, but I only found a company that 'used' to rent handheld monoculars.

I would like to try a night vision scope mounted to my AR when we head to the ranch in late December.

Maybe somebody here has one they would like to rent? I am sure we could figure out some deal that would be mutually beneficial.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I doubt you can find a place that rents those. You are probably better off finding someone local from a gun forum that is willing to let you try theirs out. If I can borrow $2k or so from you, I'll go buy one and let you borrow it. lol j/k ;)

On another note, if you are considering purchasing one there are some decent vids on Youtube to give you a better idea of what various NV scopes look like. GenIII is expensive as heck, but the clarity is amazing compared to early GenI stuff. GenII isn't all that bad, though GenIII is still a bit better in my very limited experience.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I doubt you can find a place that rents those. You are probably better off finding someone local from a gun forum that is willing to let you try theirs out. If I can borrow $2k or so from you, I'll go buy one and let you borrow it. lol j/k ;)

Hmmm.......if I give you the scope back in 100% condition, how much of my $2k will I see?

I'd love for someone to let me use theirs, I'd rent it. We are working on baby #2 and a NV rifle scope is very low on our priority list. I would just like to try one when we go to the ranch after Christmas. My wife gave me the green light for 2 AR's and accessories fairly recently, but there is no way I'll get to pass a nice NV scope through.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    You're close enough. Give Jason a call at ident marking systems in Rockwall. He probably won't rent you one but he'll let you try out several different models.

Top Bottom