• ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Nitesiters vs. Tritium!
    Nitesiters are super photo luminescent, and not self luminescent, like Tritium.
    That means they need exposure to light before using them.
    I like the fact that when I open the drawer on my nightstand I can see my sights glowing. I can leave that pistol in the dark drawer for long time and don't have to "recharge" it with external light.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I like the fact that when I open the drawer on my nightstand I can see my sights glowing. I can leave that pistol in the dark drawer for long time and don't have to "recharge" it with external light.

I don't think I would put them on a handgun that I would use for HD. I think they would be ok for my RIA that has plain sights. In an indoor range, I have a hard time shooting this gun. For $15 ($11.98 + $2.99/ship. ) I figure I'd buy them and see how they work out on my RIA. If they suck, I'll just get rid of them.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I bought a set, they work pretty well if your pistol gets some light. Can't beat the price, I'll get some pics up when I get outta work.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I bought a Glock with Tritium Sights and never thought much about them. In fact, I never really saw the sights at all.........until one night.

I placed the Glock on my dresser and got up in the night to use the John. Staring at me in the darkness were two snake eyes! The effect was very startling! Summing up my experience, in total darkness with eyes adjusted to the darkness, they work pretty well. In other situations, mine are simply without merit. If you use a flashlight, they may not work for you as they won't be visible anyway.

For me, the natural point of aim of the pistol and my long experience with it as a tool are far more effective than glowing sights. The concept of using a pistol in total darkness is a bad plan. That dark shape ahead may be a family member. If the shape has already fired at you, the sights will not be visible in the flash blindness, anyway.

One shooters opinion............

Flash

WadeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    San Marcos, TX
    For me, the natural point of aim of the pistol and my long experience with it as a tool are far more effective than glowing sights. The concept of using a pistol in total darkness is a bad plan. That dark shape ahead may be a family member. If the shape has already fired at you, the sights will not be visible in the flash blindness, anyway.
    One shooters opinion............
    Flash

I'm with Roger4314 on this one. Until the Serpa holster came along, I thought night-sights were the most well-marketed but useless accessory ever to drop on the shooting industry. I have folks coming to me all the time that say they "need" to have night-sights installed on their new pistols right out of the box because they figure any day now, they're gonna get involved in a situation in total darkness. I'm happy to oblige but some I talk out of it as they'd be more low-light effective with a good flashlight, some point-shooting lessons and burning a case of ammo. If I had to have a night-sight, it would be front only. I believe its far-fetched to think I'm gonna be carefully lining up three glowing dots to take a precise, long-range shot outside of point-shooting range in light where it's so dark I can't even see my sights but I'm somehow able to identify a deadly threat. But that's just me.

As for the night-sighters, they look like an interesting idea and maybe worth the $15 to experiment with. Like I said, maybe one up front. I'd be interested in learning how long they hold a charge, how long they last, how long they stick, etc. If you get them, please be sure to followup with your opinion and experiences. Maybe something I can recommend to customers before they blow $120 on night-sights.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    They (nightsiters) are self adhesive but you also seal them with crazy glue (included in the kit) after being at the range yesterday at the Houston meet, the sights glowed faintly still when I woke up this morning. More than anything they brightened up the dingy looking factory white dots.

Top Bottom