• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Babnik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Anyone have negative feedback towards Nikon rifle scopes? They are SO much more affordable that the Leupold/Bender/Steiner/Nightforce etc. I'd like to be able to put Leupold on everything but that would break my bank.
    Gun Zone Deals

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've got a couple and they've been fine and I think they're at a good price point for what you get. It really depends on what you plan on using the rifle for. For bagging a deer inside of reasonable distance, they would serve you well. If you're trying to dial in elevation and windage adjustments for long ranges, save your money.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I can't say I have any bad personal experiences with them, but I have looked through quite a few. They just don't do anything for me. They work and the glass is decent but they aren't anything special.

I prefer Vortex for economy scopes personally.

I have heard good things about the Athlon scopes also but have never even held one.

bman940

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    SW of Denton
    I do freelance PR/Shooting Event's with Nikon and I can assure you that you are getting a great value when you weigh price and quality. Plus, Nikon's No Fault policy will take care of you should something ever happen to your optic. Just a for instance, Your sling comes loose and your scope and rifle drop 20 feet to the ground, your scope is covered! I only use that since it happened to my son but fortunatly the scope and rifle sirvived without incident. I don't do any sales so I can't help you out but check out TGT to se if one of their Sponsor's can help you out.
    Drop me a note if you have any question's.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have several and I love them all
    The 223 series is especially a good value
    They also have the Nikon Spot On phone ap
    It lets you choose the scope you are using and input the variables like FPS, wind, bullet weight and more
    Then the app shows you a custom BDC for that situation

I use them for shooting @350 and beyond all the time with great success

TXAARON

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    I have 2 Nikon scopes. I have the M-223 on my 223. And I have the P-300 on my blackout. I have not shot the P-300 yet. Glass wise, I can tell the M is superior to the P. But it isn't by a whole lot. I am thinking about buying a Nikon for my 7mm/08. Her current optic is terrible.

Swarf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2014
    Gulf Coast
    Lost count of how many times I see the same guys at the 100yd range shooting with really expensive glass. Nothing wrong with getting the best equipment you can afford, but you will have to be one helluva crack shot for Nikon optics to be your limiting factor.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I don't have any Nikon scopes so I can't say for sure but I think they make you sign a form saying that you'll leave the sticker on it for at least long enough to take pictures of it mounted and post them on the internet. Savage does the same thing I think.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    P-223 3x9-40 Holds Zero 1/4" MOA adjustment, Good in Dim Conditions Affordable

Hee Haw and Merry Christmas

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    After breaking two of their Monarch pistol scopes back to back on my .460 mag I lost interest in them. Funny thing is after the first one broke Nikon assured me their scope was ok to use on the .460 and the replacement lasted 5 shots

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Sitting here in the cave, I am looking at three empty Nikon Pro Staff Rim-fire Scope Boxes.

These scopes are incredibly rugged, clear, bright, and deliver unmatched performance at any price.

When I put the first Nikon on a Ruger 10-22, I pulled all the other scopes off my other rim-fires and replaced them with Nikons.

They are that good!

Be well.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I have Nikon, Leupolds and Burris scopes. The Leupolds are the best in my collection. If buying today, I would look a Leupold and Vortex.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    I am so fond of the Nikon Monarch scope that I own 3. I am aware of at least 3 hunting buddies that, after looking at mine, went out and outfitted their own rifles with Nikon Monarch scopes. One of my buddies owns Nikon Monarch binos. They are awesome. As soon as I have the disposable $, I plan to get some of those as well.

Top Bottom