• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I had trouble forgiving him too, but realistically, the legend Coach Landry was stuck in the past and the game had progressed. The Cowboys were stuck in mediocrity as a result. It could have been handled better. Coach Landry should have been allowed to retire.

Of course, the current coach is also stuck in the past, but he doesn't have any skins on the wall. Wonder why he's still here?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I had trouble forgiving him too, but realistically, the legend Coach Landry was stuck in the past and the game had progressed. The Cowboys were stuck in mediocrity as a result. It could have been handled better. Coach Landry should have been allowed to retire.

Of course, the current coach is also stuck in the past, but he doesn't have any skins on the wall. Wonder why he's still here?

Traitor.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas

He, like those after Jimmy are willing to KA on demand. IMO

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    He, like those after Jimmy are willing to KA on demand. IMO

I think it was more of a figurehead deal with Jerry calling many of the shots instead of the coach. Except for Parcells. He was in charge and didn't KA. Too bad he too, was stuck in the past and unable to get ahead of where the league is going.

But things do seem to go in cycles. Perhaps if we keep Garrett another 20 years, the game will come back to the same offense we ran in the 90's. (except for the fullback part).

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

:cool:

I thought things were bad because the former punter could never win the big one after he took over. Winning records, getting to the playoffs, was just taken for granted. Then we learned it wouldn't always be that good. Then we got Jerry, we won again, then we went to a new level of low.

Now we have salary caps and parody. We can't stockpile the talent like the old days. There's no salary cap on coaches.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom