• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Anybody been keeping tabs on the whole fiasco? It'll be interesting to see if or how this will affect his run for office in 2016.

Internal emails released Wednesday strongly suggest that a top aide to New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris Christie orchestrated massive traffic problems in Fort Lee, New Jersey, last fall as an act of political retribution against the city's Democratic mayor. For months, Christie and his administration have denied allegations that road closures in Fort Lee were politically motivated. The emails, released as part of an investigation by Democratic state legislators, could spiral into a major political scandal for Christie, a possible 2016 presidential candidate. Here's what you need to know.
    christie-emergency-personnel.jpg
    READ MORE: A Fort Lee official says the Christie lane closuresslowed the search for a missing 4-year-old child. Tracie Van Auken/ZUMA

How'd this begin? In mid-September, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey unexpectedly closed two access lanes on the New Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge, which spans the Hudson River and serves as a major commuter route between the two states. A massive, weeklong traffic jam ensued, clogging the streets of nearby Fort Lee.
    Cops and lawmakers in Fort Lee said they were given no warning about the decision to close the lanes, which delayed school buses, first responders, and commuters bound for New York City. The Port Authority justified its decision by saying it was conducting a "traffic study."
    Why is this political? Soon after the traffic jam, rumors emerged that the Port Authority closed the bridge lanes as political retribution against Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich, a Democrat who endorsed Gov. Chris Christie's opponent in the 2013 gubernatorial campaign. As news outlets and New Jersey Democrats dug deeper into the circumstances of the bridge incident, they eventually connected the lane closures to two Port Authority officials with close ties to Christie: Bill Baroni, the deputy executive director of the agency, and David Wildstein, its director of interstate capital projects. Baroni and Wildstein have since resigned, and both men have retained criminal defense attorneys.
    All along, the Christie administration had denied any connection to the decision to close the bridge lanes. In September, a Christie spokesman called the retribution claim "crazy." Christietold reporters at a December press conference that the Fort Lee traffic snarl was "absolutely, unequivocally not" a result of political score-settling.
    Venture Surplus ad

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Damn him three times to hell. He is the classic North-Eastern establishment Republican. The fat flucker could not lead a pack of cub scouts on a five mile hike. He is the poster child for do-nuts and ice cream. Hates guns in the hands of free men.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Damn him three times to hell. He is the classic North-Eastern establishment Republican. The fat flucker could not lead a pack of cub scouts on a five mile hike. He is the poster child for do-nuts and ice cream. Hates guns in the hands of free men.

Looks to me like he has the making of a good democrat...

Rick858

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Mt. Pleasant, TX
    "If you like you bridge access lanes, you can keep them!" Hmmm....heard something like that not to long ago? Guess Christie embraced Odumba in more ways than one!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I hope this ends up putting him out of the running for the presidential primaries

good riddance you fat turd

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I hope this does him in. I cannot stand Chris Christie. He is no better than Bloomberg. He is a gun hater, and a democrat in Republican clothing.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    EXACTLY!

The reason it makes no difference is the MSM has anointed C.C. to be the GOP candidate.
    They WANT him in the race against She Who Cannot Be Named.
    He is a RINO worse than your average RINO.
    Some boolshite "scandal" like this traffic thing is small potatoes. I seriously doubt C.C. ordered that. He ain't that stupid.
    If that was a Bush or Reagan doing this the MSM would be screaming for his head on a pike.
    If they like you they keep hands off. Just like Sarah Palin's family. Remember that?

What is disturbing is the GOP will as usual let it go and play nice.
    The Grand Old Party of Dumbassery should be beating the Dems over the head with O-care and all the other scandals.
    WTF are they?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am not a GOP basher but i agree they need to be leading and not just responding to the dems. This Obamacare fiasco is a gift to them. Buy air time on TV and online and show ads where regular people have lost their health insurance and YOU might be next.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I am not a GOP basher but i agree they need to be leading and not just responding to the dems. This Obamacare fiasco is a gift to them. Buy air time on TV and online and show ads where regular people have lost their health insurance and YOU might be next.

I've become so jaded and cynical about politicians that my little voice is telling me the reason the GOP isn't saying much about O-care is because somewhere somehow THEY are getting something out of it. Personal wealth is my guess.
    None of them do ​anything for the common good any more.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I would be more than elated for a conservative to win the White House, however at this point I really and truly believe we need to be concentrating our efforts on getting some more Pauls, Cruzs' and Lees in the Senate and House and take both of those chambers. That way at least if Hillary or the fat ass get elected their dirty little plans have zero chance of getting passed.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've become so jaded and cynical about politicians that my little voice is telling me the reason the GOP isn't saying much about O-care is because somewhere somehow THEY are getting something out of it. Personal wealth is my guess.
    None of them do ​anything for the common good any more.

The GOP after Gingrich became guilty of trying to stop or roll back big gov and use it for their aims such as interventionist wars in third world countries, ethanol, big bank bail outs and so on.

That is a grave danger. That the GOP and the businesses that sponsor it start cooperating with big gov in order to make profits "by any means necessary".

Last edited:

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Well my "hopes" are that if we get more folks like Cruz an Co. that they will stay true to the people. Not big business. I whole heartedly agree that both parties are corrupt as hell, and are both in bed with big business and get paid to do their bidding. Thats why we need to rid the country of lobbyists. But thats a whole other topic.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin

What is the GOP going to say? They own the house thag passed it!
    This wasn't the Democrats who did this. It was the Republicrats.

The Tea Party candidates should be using it to kick the commies out of the GOP in the.primaries.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The Tea Party candidates should be using it to kick the commies out of the GOP in the.primaries.

I certainly agree with this. I see the Tea Party as what can restore the GOP. Only question is how? I think that answer lies with the grass roots efforts and simply getting those fed up with RINOs out to vote and thats done one person at a time.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

I've often wondered why they don't use this tactic as well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom