• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Too many instances where they got the address wrong, or mixed up, or the "informant" gave them incorrect information, and the officers performing these "no-knock" warrants have shot, and killed innocent homeowners.

I have never heard of any officer in such a situation held accountable for their actions. In such instances, would it be too much to ask, or expect them to check and verify the information before serving the warrant?

Busting through one of my doors, I'm not looking for a badge, or giving any warning of my own! Enter at your own risk!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Any State that allows no knock warrants needs a law that holds officers in charge responsible for damage to wrong addresses, injuries to people at wrong addresses or or the same when the CI info was wrong.
    Bet we would see a lot less **** ups and the "need" would drop drastically.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Any State that allows no knock warrants needs a law that holds officers in charge responsible for damage to wrong addresses, injuries to people at wrong addresses or or the same when the CI info was wrong.

Exactly JRB. Also I would suspect an "informant" would give any information, whether valid or not, just to make themselves look better, or to get themselves out of jam.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Any State that allows no knock warrants needs a law that holds JUDGEs in charge responsible for damage to wrong addresses, injuries to people at wrong addresses or or the same when the CI info was wrong.

Fify. These motherfuckers need to answer. To a local jury.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    But they probably never will. Personally, I can't recall of any case of such a mistake any officer ever held accountable, other than a city paying out huge sums of money to the family of someone that was shot or killed in such a situation.

I've got nothing to add.

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    No knock warrants should be exceedingly rare, and highly restricted. Only if the suspect may harm someone else in the location, or is in possession or explosives, or nbc capability, should a no knock warrant be authorized. If your justification for "no knock," is "they might destroy (flush) the dope, then that is bullshirt. No amount of drugs is worth an innocent life. If it is of an amount so small you can flush it, it is not worth it. Try flushing a kilo or more of anything, lol. Another exception might be that the suspect destroys electronic evidence, but that evidence better be pretty valuable, i.e. location of nbc release sites, imminent terrorist attacks etc. I served many, and supervised the service of hundreds of search warrants, and I don't recall ANY no knocks.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom